Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
sergio72
0 Kudos

Nook out of US

Hello, I live in Italy, and I'd like to buy Nook with 3G. Is there a version connecting in Europe? I see that in B&N site there is no the possibility to buy it from here... But Kindle made a global working version. So why Nook didn't? Is it on arrival or I have to buy Kindle?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Nook out of US

@ sergio72,

There's been a glut of posts about the nook not yet being available for international use.  If you search these boards for "international," you'll find plenty of information. 

Users on the board do not know what the progress is, if any, on being able to buy a nook internationally.  There's a good possibility that the Kindle may be better suited for your needs.

You can also check out http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ for other ereader options.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Basically, B&N cannot sell internationally at this time and that includes e-books.  You will have to get very creative if you want to buy a nook.  If you can find a way to get one, then you'll have to buy books from other vendors and sideload them via the usb cable or get someone in the US that you trust with your B&N account to purchase them for you.  You'll be able to download them via your nook. 

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

sergio72 wrote:

I live in Italy, and I'd like to buy Nook with 3G.

There's no point in spending the extra for 3G. The 3G only operates in the United States. It doesn't even operate in Canada.

As others have noted, buying e-books from B&N outside of the US and Canada is problematic. B&N does not have international sales rights.

B&N doesn't say what they're working on, so we can't tell you when an international version will be available in Italy.

New User
sergio72
0 Kudos

Thank you very much to all you. It's a pity I can't use Nook in Italy.

But do think that it should connect to internet here with my modem if I buy the wifi only version?

Then I could upload files from my mac. Is it correct?

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Yes, that's true.  But you need to realize you can't PURCHASE ebooks from BN in Italy.  There may be booksellers in Italy that you can buy epubs or pdbs from -- you would need to look into that.  Like you said, you would download them to your mac and sideload them to your NOOK.  But the Wi-fi, too, would be useless for book purchasing, though maybe helpful for general web browsing.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@sergio72,

At this time, NOOK is only available for shipping to the US. We understand the interest for our customers outside of the US and are working to bring NOOK to everyone.

When you travel abroad, you can read any files that are already on your NOOK. You can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots that do not use proxy security settings, such as those commonly used in hotels, and download eBooks and subscriptions already in your online digital Library. You cannot, however, purchase additional eBooks and subscriptions outside of the U.S.

The NOOK can be used to read ebooks purchased through other sites as long as the format is either PDB, PDF, secured PDF, or ePub.  Additionally, titles can be downloaded and transferred to NOOK via the supplied USB cable.

Having a Canadian billing address and CC would not preclude a customer from placing an eBook order.  When you create an account on BN.com you can input a Canadian credit card with a Canadian billing address and save them as your defaults.

If you are living in or visiting Canada you can shop our eBook store and download eBooks to your B&N eReader supported devices, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Mac and PC. This also includes the NOOK.

Although we are not selling NOOK in Canada (or anywhere outside of the United States) at this time, if you are using NOOK in Canada you will be able to sync to your B&N eBooks library and access our eBook store via Wi-Fi (not 3G).

New User
sergio72
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you very much for informations.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 21 members 531 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: