Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
amy15AG
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook problems

i bought the nook, set it up, and when i went to buy a book it did not connect to my nook, so i went on my computer and i went to buy my ebook there and when i did, it showed up on my web page and in my ebook reader on my computer, but not on my nook, how do i transfer ebooks to my nook, and when i plug it in to charge i cant do anything with it, why? how do i get the cable page to go away, i shouldnt have to unplug my nook to use it, right?

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

Re: Nook problems

amy15AG wrote:

i bought the nook, set it up, and when i went to buy a book it did not connect to my nook, so i went on my computer and i went to buy my ebook there and when i did, it showed up on my web page and in my ebook reader on my computer, but not on my nook, how do i transfer ebooks to my nook, and when i plug it in to charge i cant do anything with it, why? how do i get the cable page to go away, i shouldnt have to unplug my nook to use it, right?

Plug it into AC instead of USB if you want to use it while charging.

Also, you can either side-load the books to your Nook via the USB (just drag and drop) or you can download them directly from BN using the wifi or 3G on your nook.

Did you read your manual?

New User
amy15AG
0 Kudos

i do not know how to drag and drop anything to my nook, i dont know where to go, my documents that pop up, i dont know how you take a book you bought on your computer, find where the document is, and then drag it to the nook, i have no clue where anythiing is, and yes i read the manuel :smileysad:

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

amy15AG wrote:

i do not know how to drag and drop anything to my nook, i dont know where to go, my documents that pop up, i dont know how you take a book you bought on your computer, find where the document is, and then drag it to the nook, i have no clue where anythiing is, and yes i read the manuel :smileysad:

Everything is explained in the manual.  Anyway, try this.

In your Nook, go to "My Library".   At the bottom, select "Check for new content".   Your title should then appear in the top screen.  Select it, and choose the option to download.  It should then be available to read.

New User
amy15AG
0 Kudos

ok i have done all that, when i go to it, it does not say download, it just said unarchive

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

amy15AG wrote:

ok i have done all that, when i go to it, it does not say download, it just said unarchive

UNarchive?  Once you unarchive it, it should be available for download.

New User
amy15AG
0 Kudos

thank you thank you thank you thank you so much!

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

Glad I could help.

New User
mn1234
0 Kudos

my nook says i do not have network connnections. but i do have a wi-fi signal and my nook is registered. i have tried to purchase a book for my nook and it does not appear in my libary. but i checked  online on my account and it says i have purchased the book. i can not get it to download to my nook and i don't know how to get network connection.

Help!

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

mn1234 wrote:

my nook says i do not have network connnections. but i do have a wi-fi signal and my nook is registered. i have tried to purchase a book for my nook and it does not appear in my libary. but i checked  online on my account and it says i have purchased the book. i can not get it to download to my nook and i don't know how to get network connection.

Help!

Is airplane mode turned off in settings?  Does it show an active wifi?  If not connected, does it at least appear?

New User
mn1234
0 Kudos

airplane mode is off and wi-fi signal is showing I have 3 bars.

Inspired Contributor
Martlet
0 Kudos

mn1234 wrote:

airplane mode is off and wi-fi signal is showing I have 3 bars.

When you go to My Library on your Nook and select "check for new content", does it show in your library?

New User
mn1234
0 Kudos

when i do that all it says is Network unavailable  please make sure you have network connnectivity. my library says no items

Reader
Saphira_Ice
0 Kudos

Ok, I have full bars on my nook with connectivity, and have tried numerous times to buy books from the store from my nook and it says that my nook was unable to connect. I have even tried while having my nook hooked up to my computer and still it says unable to connect.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?  I have checked in my online library and it does not show that I have purchased the books that I have tried to purchase through my nook.  I am disappointed because I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go online to purchase my books for my nook all the time I thought that was what the wifi connection was for. 

New User
RICH444
0 Kudos

If you're Nook is not connecting but you have signal you need to go to wi-fi in settings and put in you're wi-fi id and password. Once I did this I had total connectivity.

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

amy15AG wrote:

Also, to avoid damaging your nook and/or computer, DO NOT JUST UNPLUG IT FROM THE COMPUTER!  You must properly eject the nook.  That can be done by dragging the nook drive to the trash can.  Once it's no longer visible on your desktop by that method, the image of the cable on the nook should go away.  At that time and ONLY at that time is it safe to unplug your nook from the computer.

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
New User
charcoalx810
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue. I purchased 3 ebooks last  night using a gift card but only managed to download 2 ebooks on my nook. I kept pressing the "check for new b&n item" button but the other book still won't show up. What do I do? I am getting frustrated! :smileysad:

New User
luvs2readOK
0 Kudos

I purchased a book in a series (#3) and it will not open although it shows on my list. Another book I purchased in a series (#2) shows as the correct book, but when opened it is another copy of the first book in the series.

What should I do to be able to read the two books I have purchased.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@luvs2readOK,

Below I have administered instructions that should alleviate this issue:

On the NOOK,
1.Tap on "My Library" from the Home screen (all of these steps are done in your "Library" on your NOOK)
2. Highlight the eBook (that you were unable to access) and tap "View Item Details & Options".
3. Then tap "Archive" and follow the on-screen prompts
4. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

Once this update is completed, then you want to Unarchive the eBook in order to re-download the content

1. Ensure that you are still in My B&N Library section of My Library
2. Navigate to and Highlight the eBook you want to download (it should be grayed out).
3. Tap "View Item Details & Options".
4. Tap "Unarchive." and then tap "ok"
5. Then tap "Check for New B&N Content" and wait for it to complete.

You should now have access to that eBook.

If the issue persists after taking these steps, please let me know or please call Customer Service to help troubleshoot your unit. You may call toll-free in the United States at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and ask for Digital Support. 

Your Admin.,
Michael-V

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 76 members 803 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: