Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Nook search (on device) is broken

I replied to a message in the General forum, but thought I'd post my response here as well.

There seems to be a problem with the nook device search feature.  People were saying they were getting no results from searching, so I thought I'd try it myself.

I just did "Shop" -> "Search" and then entered "ringo" (no quotes)

I expected lots of hits on John Ringo - instead I have 4 matches.  All of them are free books.  All non-fiction.  None by John Ringo

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Distinguished Correspondent
kc5455
0 Kudos

Re: Nook search (on device) is broken

I searched in ebooks for John Grisham and Stephen King and received "no products found" for John Grisham and a list of free books for Stephen King. 

Even browsing the subject as Fiction is mostly free books.

I hope its fixed soon.:smileysad:

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
__Dr. Seuss
Contributor
DFen911
0 Kudos

I just posted a new thread and then saw this one. I'm having the same problem. At least I know it's not just me. It might be because they're working on the big update coming out.

New User
Enepttastic
0 Kudos

It's not just searching by author.  Hadn't used my Nook in awhile since I go through phases where I read constantly then lay off for a bit.  Decided to pick up the Dexter series, searching "Dexter" or any of the book titles specifically either got nothing(latter), or loads of free books(former).  Not very thrilled about this.

Contributor
wdwarb
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue, I thought I was going crazy.  A search for "the subtle knife" will return the book on the b&n website, but just returns a book about the trilogy on the nook.

Frequent Contributor
tiniree
0 Kudos

Last night when I looked at My Daily, they were talking about books by Kate Morton.  I tried four time to search for her books and each time I got either "0 matches" or other authors with the same last name. 

I then went back in and tried to search by one of her books by exact title......nothing!  :smileymad:

Marie

Contributor
tiffbaker
0 Kudos

The post in the general forum says tech support is working on this and it will be fixed by the end of the day. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 254 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: