Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
pkauf345
0 Kudos

Nook support

wait time for support is over 20 minutes - when you finally get through, they are less than helpful. I am thinking of getting a Kindle - it can't be worse.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: Nook support

pkauf345 wrote:

wait time for support is over 20 minutes - when you finally get through, they are less than helpful. I am thinking of getting a Kindle - it can't be worse.

If you want help, you need to tell us what the problem is.  I would imagine there are a lot of new users today, the wait times have been non-existent for months now.

Reader
ladyaibhilin
0 Kudos

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have had my nook for about 1 month now. I love it! I did get one that had the issue with the page turning button cracking, called customer service, received my brand new nook today and now it is up and running with all of my  content running on it.  I know that today is a pretty busy day for them, as the new update just came out. Having worked in the compute field update days are EXTREMELY stressful.  Give them a chance, or if you live close enough, take it to a local Barnes and Noble-part of the reason why I chose a Nook over a Kindle.  Hope it gets better for you!

Aibhilin

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

pkauf345 wrote:

I am thinking of getting a Kindle - it can't be worse.

Until you want to buy books from another source or check out books from the library.  Please be patient.  The people on the boards (non B&N people and a B&N person) will help you if you describe your problem. 

CS may be overwhelmed for both Kindle and nook due to price drops.  Plus, a new software upgrade came out for nook yesterday.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pkauf345 wrote:

Welcome! :smileyhappy:

A new model Nook just came out, a major price reduction just took place, a new retail channel (BestBuy) came up recently, and there's a brand new software update.  That all adds up to a lot new Nook owners like you.  If wait times are a little long and some agents are a little frazzled, they might have a reason.  Most of the B&N Customer Support people are helpful and knowledgeable, so you might try again before you get a Kindle.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

pkauf345 wrote:

20 minutes isn't bad either.  I spent HOURS on hold waiting for customer service when my original nook got messed up the day after I received it. Three days before christmas.  I would have done a big happy dance if I had gotten someone at 20 minutes.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ pkauf345,

Was there really a point to this post?  Did you attempt to search this forum for assistance with whatever problem you are having?  Many times it's nothing new and there are solutions here or even in the user guide.  

Nook is a new product, a lot of CS people are not familiar with solutions, you have to request digital support.  Sometimes you can get through quickly, sometimes you have to wait.  Your one experience with support does not make the product bad.

Before you go for that Kindle, do your research.  Doesn't matter how good CS is if the device does not have the features you are looking for.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@pkauf345,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Please let us know what your issue is and we will help you.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

These boards are some of the best sources of information about Nook to be found on the web.  They let you know about issues, glitches...and other Nook phenomena, both the positive and the negative.  Give it a chance.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

Contributor
quillwillow
0 Kudos

I recently had a completely baffling issue with my Nook.  I am in Canada, so the wait times on hold with Customer Service were costing me money in long distance.  It took a few of these calls to figure out the problem and solve it and yet it was totally worth it.  Each and every customer service rep was kind and helpful and...when they were baffled too, they were frustrated on my behalf.  I could not have asked for better service.

I agree with JosieNJoe...do your research on the devices to make your decision but also, consider the quality of support and consider disregarding the wait times.  Especially at a time when so much is going on.

All of this, and I have not yet mentioned the helpful people on these boards...

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 27 members 621 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: