New User
blinkdt
0 Kudos

Re: Nook tour & Nook User Guide

Yeah, these two items have to go! The good people at B&N told me I have two weeks to bring this back for a full refund. I also want the ability to remove and reorder icons in the touchscreen area, not a reason in the world why that couldn't be a "user settings" feature. I plan on using "the daily" and "games" precisely NEVER, but need to scroll to find "Web?"

Yeesh, the fascist-like control some companies place on their devices smacks or either arrogance or ignorance. Which is it, B&N? You can't program it, or you just don't care?

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

blinkdt wrote:

Yeah, these two items have to go! The good people at B&N told me I have two weeks to bring this back for a full refund. I also want the ability to remove and reorder icons in the touchscreen area, not a reason in the world why that couldn't be a "user settings" feature. I plan on using "the daily" and "games" precisely NEVER, but need to scroll to find "Web?"

Yeesh, the fascist-like control some companies place on their devices smacks or either arrogance or ignorance. Which is it, B&N? You can't program it, or you just don't care?

You're using your first post to hijack a thread to call B&N "fascist"...and then rant about 4-5 other things..??

What's the relevance of the 14-day return period?  You would take the Nook back because you don't want the User Guide on the device?  Really?

Referring to the real topic...Personally, I don't mind the User Guude on the Nook...it doesn't take up a lot of space, and occasionally has value as reference (I did RTFM, but didn't commit it to memory...)

You suggestions about the touchscreen are good, though...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

blinkdt wrote:

Ah, life is so unfair.  I use "shop," "games," "audio" and "web" precisely NEVER, but I need to scroll to find "settings"?

Distinguished Correspondent
CB2010
0 Kudos

Back to the original subject...

I guess no one's found how to delete these two books? I'd like to at least archive them and get them out of the way. I'm on the NookColor so they're STILL making it impossible. When I touch any other book in the list it allows for deletion or archiving, but not these two.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CB2010 wrote:

Back to the original subject...

I guess no one's found how to delete these two books? I'd like to at least archive them and get them out of the way. I'm on the NookColor so they're STILL making it impossible. When I touch any other book in the list it allows for deletion or archiving, but not these two.

Just out of curiosity, where do they show up on your NOOKColor?  I know they were on my nook at one time, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Distinguished Correspondent
CB2010
0 Kudos

They were right on the "desktop". I moved them over to the third screen (there's the left then middle which shows up on booting, and then the right.) I moved them to the right one because they would get in the way of other books and if you tapped one by accident it would of course popup.

It also shows up when you look at the library. That's where if you touch and hold on a book, a popup will come up with options, including to read or delete or archive. But there is no choice to archive or delete the manuals. They also don't show up on the PC reader where you could archive them.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ CB2010,

Thanks for the clarification.  I can see where that would be a PITA.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:11 members 253 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: