Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Raee
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook will not download ANYTHING!!

I bought a book two days ago and it will still not download.  I have enough money on my card and I have wi-fi.  So why is it not working?  I dont understand!! Ive done everything and nothing works. Help!

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Nook will not download ANYTHING!!

Make sure you have a a credit card in your account designated as the Default credit card.

Make sure all details about that card are accurate,  Name, address, etc.

Don't use your middle initial.

Make sure your nook is properly registered.

Go to you nook and tap Check for new B&N content in My B&N library.

Contributor
Raee
0 Kudos

Everything is accurate.  I have bought 10 books already and downloaded them. Have tapped the Check for new B&N content in My B&N library at least 20 times.  Still will not work.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Just throwing this out - did you get a receipt confirming book purchase?  Is the book visible in your online B&N library when you access if via computer?

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

Raee wrote:

Everything is accurate.  I have bought 10 books already and downloaded them. Have tapped the Check for new B&N content in My B&N library at least 20 times.  Still will not work.

Just for clarity, where did you download them to?

If you purchase them on your nook, you do not need to check for new content.  They show up as soon as they're downloaded.

If you successfully downloaded them to your computer but they will not show up on your nook, there is an issue with your account.

Either some information is incorrect or the nook has not been registered.

Occam's razor:  check out your account info thoroughly and ensure your nook is registered correctly.  If that fails, you will probably have to call <shudder> customer support.

Correspondent
dElaphant
0 Kudos

And there's always the headslapping "d'Oh!" kind of thing to check - are you looking in "My B&N Library" or "My Documents"? The books you purchase will only be seen in the "My B&N Library" screen.

Contributor
Raee
0 Kudos

Yep its in my B&N library.  I see the book and when I click on it, it shows up, but I cant download it.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Things to try:

Ttry archiving it from the web site, check for B&N content on the nook, and then un-archiving and download from the nook.

Or you can download it from the web page with the computer and side load it.

Or you could install the free B&N Desktop Reader and download it with that.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

What is the title of the book?  Did you purchase it directly from the nook or from the website?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Raee wrote:

Yep its in my B&N library.  I see the book and when I click on it, it shows up, but I cant download it.

Did you try the latest trick discovered in this post:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/nook-Q-A-and-Support/Connectivity-issue-trick/td-p/494404/jum...

New User
hairdoer01
0 Kudos

Thank you!  I could NOT figure this out...then I clicked on "Check for new B & N content" & that was the problem. 

New User
bibliophile213
0 Kudos

Ahh wonderful!  I purchased a Nook book online through my laptop to ensure it used my gift card first (I have previously only used credit cards & wanted to make sure it took the gift card first), and it didn't show up in my library.  I couldn't figure it out since I am at home and my Wifi is working perfectly, but the "Check for new B&N content" worked almost immediately.  Thanks for letting me know.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 596 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: