Contributor
genierenae
0 Kudos

Nook wont charge

So, I have been having the same problem as a lot of other people with the Nook freezing.  Now it wont charge.  I have it plugged in.... its been plugged in for an hour and the orange light has still not come on.  I know that the charger is working because it charges my droid phone just fine.... I plugged it in to test the charger.  Seriously this 1.4 crap has been a problem for over a month and I am particularly crabby due to being preggers so come on B&N..... fix this already.  I have a lot of reading to get done before my baby makes his debut!!!!! 

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Nook wont charge

@genierenae,

If the yellow LED does not illuminate go ahead and remove the plug, and then remove the battery.

If you have a spare battery or another NOOK, insert the known good battery in the faulted nook and power on the device.  The device should boot up.  At this point you can re-insert the old battery and charge.

If you do not have a spare battery, leave the battery removed from the device for at least 10-15 minutes.  This step basically allows the battery to “reset”

After the 10-15 minutes, go ahead and re-insert the battery.

Plug the device into the wall.  The yellow LED should illuminate within 30-60 seconds.  If so, leave it plugged in and allow it to boot and charge.

If the yellow LED does not come on in 30-60 seconds and none of the above steps have resolved the issue, please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

New User
dsleon
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.  Usually when my Nook won't come on it's because it needs to be charged.  It shouldn't have run down so much battery overnight but my only idea was to charge it anyway.  The light also won't come on and I've stuck it into different outlets that I know are working.  Now my problem is that I don't know how to remove the battery.  Any ideas?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

dsleon wrote:

Now my problem is that I don't know how to remove the battery.  Any ideas?

Watch B&N's video:

Replacing your NOOK’s battery & back cover
1:53

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6 members 336 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: