Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
XXpatchXX
0 Kudos

Operation Cannot Be Completed. Help?!

I recently bought a nookbook from Barnes and Noble. It shows up in my Nook Library online and in my nook app for my PC but it won't download to my nook. I can read it just fine on my computer but the whole point of buying a nook was so I can read on the go. I called customer service a few days ago and they didn't help at all. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Samantha

New User
dmanning
0 Kudos

Re: Operation Cannot Be Completed. Help?!

i bought a nookbook and it wont download on my nook the way all the others I've purchased have.  what can I do?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@xxpatchxx

@dmanning

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

One of the most common reasons for an eBook not downloading to your Nook is that it is too big a file to be downloaded via 3G, and needs to be downloaded via WiFi. 

So the first question is, have you connected to a WiFi hotspot, either a wireless router in your home, or WiFi at a B&N store, or a public hotspot like those in McDonald's, coffee shops, or public libraries and tried to download the books?

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
XXpatchXX
0 Kudos

I tried going to Barnes and Noble on my nooks WiFi and it still wouldn't download. Would I get that same message if I don't have enough space on my nook? If so, I thought you could hold hundreds of books on it?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

XXpatchXX wrote:

I tried going to Barnes and Noble on my nooks WiFi and it still wouldn't download. Would I get that same message if I don't have enough space on my nook? If so, I thought you could hold hundreds of books on it?

Unless you've sideloaded thousands of previously owned eBooks from your computer, it's highly unlikely that you're short on space.  When you look in Settings, what numbers are you seeing for Memory?

It's more likely that you're having WiFi connectivity issues.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
XXpatchXX
0 Kudos

I checked that and I had like 86%....but I found a solution that works....kinda. I went to the PC app and I authorized my nook to it, so what ever device I'm on it would open to the same page, and I synced the two devices. After that it showed up in my library and it opened. I'm not sure if I can download anything yet, I was happy enough with this working out and didn't want to back track. Haha.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

XXpatchXX wrote:

I checked that and I had like 86%....but I found a solution that works....kinda. I went to the PC app and I authorized my nook to it, so what ever device I'm on it would open to the same page, and I synced the two devices. After that it showed up in my library and it opened. I'm not sure if I can download anything yet, I was happy enough with this working out and didn't want to back track. Haha.

If the book opened on your Nook, it's been downloaded.  Otherwise, there would be a little "download" banner on the book in your library on the Nook.

Contributor
XXpatchXX
0 Kudos

Even if it's in My Documents and not my actual Library? I bought it from Barnes and Noble.com I just thought it would be in my library like the others I bought a while ago.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

XXpatchXX wrote:

Even if it's in My Documents and not my actual Library? I bought it from Barnes and Noble.com I just thought it would be in my library like the others I bought a while ago.

You are correct.  If it had downloaded from B&N, it would be in your B&N Library.  Sounds like you side-loaded it.  So, you do have something going on.  Can you go to a B&N and see if you're able to connect there?  If you cannot connect to B&N's wifi, then your Nook may need to be replaced.

Have you rebooted your Nook?  Sometimes it helps to correct Nook weirdness.

Contributor
XXpatchXX
0 Kudos

No, I don't live anywhere near a Barnes and Noble store. :smileytongue: I've heard of sideloading before, maybe that's it. My parents said they aren't going to try and return it so I don't know what i'm going to do. ://

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 258 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: