Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
booklady2002
0 Kudos

Organizing your E-boks on the Nook

Is there a way to organize your ebooks on the Nook beside just the date?  I want to have the books that I have not read listed first and then the books that I have read listed last.  Can that be done?  Thanks for any help that you can give to me.

Booklady2002

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Organizing your E-boks on the Nook

You can sort by date, author or title.  That is all that is available right now.  Many have requested some type of organization structure, such as folders or tags for the Nook, it wasn't provided in the last update, maybe the next one, but no one knows for sure.

Contributor
booklady2002
0 Kudos

Re: Organizing your E-books on the Nook

Thanks for replying.  How do you organize by title, date, or author?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Organizing your E-books on the Nook

booklady2002 wrote:

Thanks for replying.  How do you organize by title, date, or author?

Scroll down on the touch screen when the Nook is open to the B&N library and it should say sort.  You can choose the sort method from there.

New User
babblinbev
0 Kudos

I too wish we could sort by read vs unread and another feature I'd like is hide the books that came with my nook that I have no intention of ready.  ie, Dracula:smileysurprised:

Wordsmith
NookGuy
0 Kudos

babblinbev wrote:

I too wish we could sort by read vs unread and another feature I'd like is hide the books that came with my nook that I have no intention of ready.  ie, Dracula:smileysurprised:

If you have no intention of reading it, then you can archive it and hide the archived books on the nook. If you don't ever want it, go online to your B & N library, delete the book there, and then Check for New B & N content on your nook and the book will be *gone* from your nook.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 551 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: