Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
DoloresGA
0 Kudos

Pandigital e-reader

My daughter gave me a Pandigital for the Christmas.  I was able to download a few books, and read them...but now I purchased a book from B&N and although my account has been charged, I cannot get the book to download even though I was able to get the sample. I am so disgusted with this thing I am ready to toss it.  I have spent 2 days trying to get this thing to work.  Is this thing compatible with Nook? 

Inspired Correspondent
ivers

Re: Pandigital e-reader

I know basically nothing about the Pandigital. I googled around a bit but forums dedicated to the Pandigital seem to be focused on hacking it to use it like an android tablet.

Your device should be able to read nookbooks once you are able to get them on there. When all works according to plan, do books download wirelessly to the device, or do you need to download them to your computer first and then transfer them over?

If the former, all I can suggest is make sure your device is able to access whatever network it downloads the books over, presumably your local wifi.

If the latter, there are a couple different ways to download nookbooks from your online B&N library to your computer, and if that is where you are having problems let us know, as it is something people here have experience with and can explain.

The toll-free number for the Pandigital is 1-800-715-5354 but I don't know what their support is like.

Good luck and I hope you are able to get it sorted out soon and get back to reading!

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele

Dolores- A couple customer's came into my store with these devices and we called panditigal and nook support. Apparently there is a firmware update on pandigital's website you have to download since they upgraded their software that is the only way you will be able to get a hold of your bn books. This is not a problem with BN it is a problem with the software on pandigital's reader.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Reader 4
dekay59

Mine did the same thing. I went about 2 weeks without being able to download anything. I finally went into the settings and did a factory reset and it has worked great ever since. I have the 7" black. If you are facebook, there are a couple pages devoted to the pandigital readers and a lot of helpful information. One in particular is I Love the Pandigital Novel e-reader. Hope this helps.

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W

Hi DoloresGA,

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Would you be able to contact our digital support team at 1-800-the-book option 2 for a resolution?

Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 56 members 1,053 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: