Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

Passcode/password on nook

Why does my nook first gen keep asking me for my password? This started about a week ago when I had to change my password on my BN account. This never used to happen prior to the password change but now every time I wake my nook it asks for the password. I also noticed that there is a new update to 1.6 and it won't install. I've tried so many times that it doesn't show that the update is available anymore and it's still at version 1.5. Since I changed my password on my account do I need to unregistered and then reregister? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Contributor
krehetin
0 Kudos

Re: Passcode/password on nook

[ Edited ]

They pulled The 1.6 update because there were problems with it. The new update is 1.7. You have to get it through wifi or sideload it. I'm not sure if You want it. You might want to wait. I had 1.5 and yesterday updated to 1.7. Now, my nook is completely frozen. i can't get it off the start screen, even with the battery removed.

Contributor
krehetin
0 Kudos

As far as the password - my nook only asked for the password once. I think it's a setting. You can set it to password protect or not. I can't look at mine to make sure cuz 'it's frozen' but I think so.

Frequent Contributor
lilk
0 Kudos

I actually found my answer on my nook.  You must deregister your nook then change your password and then re-register your nook.  You can only use A-Z, a-z, and numbers, no other characters are allowed.  I did all of this and now it works perfectly.

Howzit, from Hawaii

lilk

http://thebookendsreviews.com
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:19 members 461 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: