Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Hail2TheNook
0 Kudos

Personalize my library?

Hey, recently I've been getting lots of books on my nook, but it seems the more books i get the less organized my library tensed to be.  I understand i can organize it by recently bought, title, and author, but for whatever reason I like having books in the order that I like them.  If there is no way to put the books in the order i want them to be in, that is fine but it would just make things a bit more organized for me...thanks a lot!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Personalize my library?

@ Hail2TheNook,

Book organization is a request by many of us.  I don't mind organizing by author, but I'd love to have a way to mark a book as "read" without having to archive it.

Who knows, maybe the powers that be will take all these requests into consideration and give us an update that actually improves the ereader experience.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Josienjoe,

We are listening and striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Thanks, Michael,

I'm one of those who bought the nook to read.  I still haven't checked out any of the new "improvements" that came out, web, games, etc.  I just want to read and be able to mark my books read like I could with the B&N reader on my iPod Touch.

Inspired Contributor
justmejh
0 Kudos

Any hint on what we should expect for the next update on library management, im hoping

- custom folders

- Go to page

- better reading now i might be reading several books/ calibre news feeds and would like to be able to choose between them not just the last one i touched

- view of BN content with MY side loaded content in one filterable/sortable list

- sort/view based on book category such as fiction. SiFi Mystery ....

- Book flow for MY Documents :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
justmejh
0 Kudos

And almost forgot.... Security features... I want to password my Nook and also have password conformation when I purchase on the nook .. Or at least have the option for this..

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

Whenever there is a post with an idea or request for a feature or improvement, (including ebooks/enewspaper/emagazine requests etc.), we do listen, hear, read and act upon them.  I personally make sure that the appropriate team gets contacted with this information by sending them the link and giving a summary. 

We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

New User
inky111
0 Kudos

If we can vote on this, mark me down as a "yes" for library folders, tabs, and personal organization capabilities.

My new Nook crashed and had to be reset.  I lost all the "my documents" books and my BN library is in chaos.  Ugh!  I have spent more than a week organizing the whole thing and now.... 

My family shares this nook and I organized the books for "kids only, teens, and adults".  I do not need to read Mother Goose, nor do my children need to read Dracula.  So frustrating! 

All those hours I spent downloading eBooks from the internet are lost.  Please come up with an auto-save feature for our accounts which will update our libraries as we set them up on our Nooks.

I am going to wait a while before adding folders to my Nook again, just in case this "crash" wasn't a one-time deal.  I would really hate to spend more time downloading, just to go through it all again.  Awful experience!  :smileysad:

Did I mention this was frustrating?

Contributor
TheReader-_-
0 Kudos

Hi!

Have you tried updating to get the My Shelves on your Nook? (I had some trouble downloading manually, so beware!) I'm pretty sure this allows you to organize the library your way.

Go to www.nook.com/support to download.

Hope this helps!

*Don't forget to Remeber*
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 234 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: