Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
NomDePlumeIL
0 Kudos

Problem accessing My B&N and ebook wishlist

I know this question doesn't fit here but I was wondering if anyone else is having problems accessing their "My B&N" site and e-book wishlist page. I keep getting the message:

We are sorry...

There was a problem with the page you requested. Click Here to continue shopping.

It's been happening since yesterday.  I'm trying to look at my wishlist to try and decide the next e-book I want to read....

And now we return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Re: Problem accessing My B&N and ebook wishlist

Yeah, it's broken.

Frequent Contributor
reefer
0 Kudos

I'm having this problem as well... also, it's a hit and miss when I try to add books to my wishlist as well. When I click on the "add to list" link it doesn't respond most of the time...

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Been having the same problem since yesterday.  Even have had problems connecting to the store through my nook.  Thought it was just me.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@All,

Barnes & Noble is aware that there are a small number of NOOK customers experiencing intermittent issues.  We are working on this and expect for it to be addressed shortly. All previously downloaded content to NOOK should be accessible. If you’re unable to download content, please try again later.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Correspondent
htbyron
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's just a nook issue -- I am using my internet browser on my work computer and can't get to the wish list either.  (I want to add "The Passage" so I remember when I get my nook this weekend).  I get the same message indicated above.  Other account functions (my account, boards, etc) seem to be working. 

Edit:  Just tried it on my Droid phone, which goes automatically to the BN mobile site.  I logged in and it showed me all the account information, but when I went to wish list, it told me my wish list is empty (it's not -- I put a couple of books on there last week in anticipation of getting a nook).  But notably it did not give the error page.

Reader 2
weiswomen
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue - with both my nook and the B&N website. Sometimes I can get to the wishlist (but mostly I get error messages). When I can get through on the site I get an error message when I try to buy any e-books.

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

Thanks for telling us it's a known issue.  I'm one of the small number too.  Over the past 3 days I've had problems accessing my wishlists and my ebooks library.  Also, it will sometimes show me logged in to my BN account but not here in the forums area.  It's as though I'm only partially signed in to the website.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Now that the boards at least recognize me again, I can say that it is not necessarily Nook related.  I haven't even tried to connect my Nook in the last couple of days.  But I cannot get into my Wishlist or My B&N on the website, so it is definitely a site issue.  And who knows how long the boards will recognize me as they didn't yesterday for a while either.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

I cannot get into my Wishlist or My B&N on the website, so it is definitely a site issue.

I'm getting erratic results on both my Library and my eWish list. Usually I get a 500 error, but sometimes I get the appropriate page.

At least when I get the 500 error, I get the ad for RosettaStone. :smileyindifferent:

Out of idle curiousity I did a View Source on the 500 error page. It sure takes an awful lot of JavaScripts and Divs just to tell me they have a problem with the Web server.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I just got an email back from CS asking me if I was trying to access it via the Nook or the computer/browser.  I have no idea how or if the Nook will connect, I haven't tried.  It's the website, not the Nook.

And I just another gift card to add to my already large stash, I'd like to spend some of it.

New User
akswan5
0 Kudos

I have experienced very similar problems.  My Nook mysteriously erased my registration.  I called the help line and there was recorded voice telling them that Nook was experiencing issues and were working on them.  I was able to re-register the next day and found my entire library and was ready to go. Now I go in and my entire library is missing, but I am registered.  I still can't access the store or my wish list or search for book even though I have internet connection.  This is my second nook since January.  The first one cracked on the side where the page turners are located and it was replaced.  I hope I make the right choice with the Nook.  I have been a loyal B&N customer for years, and now wonder if the Kindle would have been any better:smileysad:

Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I have been having very similar problems. I can intermittently access my ebook wish list, my regular book wish list has vanished (I put stuff there so I could keep track of books I want, and check to see if they go to ebook format) and, although I entered the code for the free book for the fifth week, it doesn't show up in my library. When I re-enter it, I get a message telling me that it's already been redeemed. I don't feel comfortable spending another penny at the B&N ebook store (and I've spent many a penny already) until this is all resolved....

Oh, I did call customer service a couple of days ago, was told there were some server problems that were being worked on, and that my book and wish list would be restored. So far, no go...

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Correspondent
htbyron
0 Kudos

Web access to my wish list seems better, for me at least, as of this morning.

Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problems... Last night I could not even get it to let me post a comment on the boards, today that seems to be working at least.

Linda

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

I'm having no trouble on either my nook or the website right now.  Hopefully it will last.  Nice to be able to post and be able to find where I left off reading threads. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

EffieTX wrote:

I have been having the same problems... Last night I could not even get it to let me post a comment on the boards, today that seems to be working at least.

Linda

I too could not access My BN or my library & the BN Community did not recognize that I was signed in  I could neither reply nor post a new message & all boards showed I had thousands of unread messages. This started 6/15 am & this am is the first time I could access anything but my account page.

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Started working a few hours ago.

Since Sunday/Monday of this week I had not been able to "Shop" with the nook or view my ewish list. I thought it would be fixed quickly, but it kept going on for days and days.

It was the BP Oil Spill of nook outages.

I checked it at lunch, it was still not working - BUT I just checked a few minutes ago and I can now "Shop" for ebooks again !

YAY !

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Wordsmith
elaine_hf
0 Kudos

I spoke with someone in customer service last night. The server problem started on Monday (probably right before I entered the coupon code for this week's free book - which has never shown up in my library...) and is supposed to be resolved today. I hope that he was correct! Don't bother with email to the customer service folks, btw - I sent a message asking about my disappearing wishlist and received, as a response, a message full of info copied from their website about what a wishlist is and how to create one. A waste of time!

‎"Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." -Bokonon
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 710 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: