Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
Melchi
0 Kudos

Problems viewing "my documents" since I downloaded the new update

Has anyone been having problems viewing pdf's since they downloaded the new update?

Every time I now try and view a pdf, it takes me back to the home screen.

New User
Lollipopped
0 Kudos

Re: Problems viewing "my documents" since I downloaded the new update

I'm having the same problem, but I can't see anything in my library at all.  When I click to go to my library it says "checking for new content" and then goes back to the home screen. the only book I can open is the one I'm currently reading (which happens to be a pdf). 

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is occuring to several people.

Some can recover all of their documents by plugging the nook into your computer and saving a backup (unless you have one already), then deleting the documents from the nook, (and maybe the directory they were in as well), then recreate the directory and copy your books back.

If they still don't show, (and several checking for new content attempts fail), then you have to find which of your books is the culpret.  Put a few books on, check if it works, put a few more on, rinse repeat. 

Supposidly this has been tracked to file corruption or an ancient format of PDB books or PDFs created on some versions of Mac.  The latter two may be fixable with Calibre.

New User
lancair
0 Kudos

That is ridiculous to expect users to jump through all those hoops. Why even release a product if it has problems like that? And this is an update? Geeeeesh!

New User
Bode34
0 Kudos

Maybe you don't understand the problem.  The unit will not allow you to go to anything in your library, including the list of books.  It just says checking for content then goes to the screensaver.  Why release this product when you have not tested it with the general public.  I have had this thing for about a week, and have yet to actually be able to read anything on it.  My pdfs have words so small I need a microscope (even after changing text size and all the other suggestions) to read them.  I'm packing it back up and returning.  Don't release a product with so many problems next time.

A loyal B&N patron

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 668 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: