Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
pixie91
0 Kudos

Problems with library and "refurbished" nook

Hi,

I received my replacement "refurbished" nook with version 1.2 today.  After updating it to version 1.4, registering it, going to my library and checking for new B&N content, all I have are the titles of my books, if I go into the book, I have to download each one individually - not something I want to do with 159 books.

I have been on the phone with customer service three times today already and am not getting any assistance at all.

I did it with The Passage, since that is what I am currently reading.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, any help with transferring my screensaver and wallpaper files would be helpful!

Thanks!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with library and "refurbished" nook

Not sure this is going to be helpful.

A new nook (which is what you essentially have) will download the 5 most recently purchased books in an account when registered.

Remaining books will be downloaded when you attempt to open them.

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pixie91 wrote:

...Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, any help with transferring my screensaver and wallpaper files would be helpful!

Thanks!

Not sure how you want this fixed.

I assume the old nook, which held the physical copies has been sent back.

If not - then simply connect the old nook to your PC via USB cable and copy the contents of "my B&N downloads" to your hard drive.

To get them back on to the new nook copy them to the same folder on the new device.  If that does not work then try the new nooks "my documents" folder.

For wall papers and screen savers grab the files from the "my wallpapers" and "my screensavers" folders.

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

Yeah Unfortunately you have to download each one.  I have never found any other way to do it.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Jenniisme wrote:

Yeah Unfortunately you have to download each one.  I have never found any other way to do it.

On the bright side, any former pdb files that have converted to epub will now download as epub and any books that had formatting improved or corrected will also download the new version, so it's not all bad news.

Contributor
pixie91
0 Kudos

Thanks, for all your help. I have started the slow process.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 950 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: