Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Tytoalba27
0 Kudos

Problems with nook

I received my Nook from a friend who had it registered under her email. We then changed all the information to my information on this site. Whenever I try to buy a book or do anything,  "Invalid Email Address" appears on the screen. It then leads me to "Register my Nook" and when I put in my email and password it tells me that I my nook is already registered. So in short, my Nook will tell I have an invalid email address and to register my Nook and once I do so it tells me I am already registered, but I still can not do anything on my Nook. Please Help!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with nook

Did your friend unregister the Nook, or did you just try abnd change the email address? The Nook needs to be unregistered first, then re registered to your account.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

You're lucky you got it from a friend, not eBay or something. Basically, B&N thinks you stole it and it's still registered to the other person. Have your friend go to the web site and click on the "My Nook" link toward the top right of the page, then click on the "Manage My Nook" link (to the right of her library). Then she can click on the Nook she gave to you and select "erase and deregister device." Once she has done that, you should then be able to cleanly register it in your own name.
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Sounds like you did change the e-mail address of the original account the Nook was registered to. If so, change the e-mail address back to the original one. The Nook will now register again to the original account.

Now use the erase and deregister option on the Nook.

After deregistering the Nook you can change the information of the original account, or create a new account. After that register the Nook using the  new account information.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 232 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: