Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Camary
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Purchases not showing up on Nook

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I recently made two purchases on my first edition Nook and neither has shown up in my Nook Library. The thing is, they're both listed on my library on BN.com, just not the Nook itself. The money has been taken from my account and such, but when I open my library on my Nook, they aren't there. I've tried restarting my Nook but it didn't help. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Also, when I try to Check for new B&N content it says "Network Unavailable" even though I'm connected to Wifi. :smileysad: Help?

New User
bpaul

Re: Purchases not showing up on Nook

This is an issue that all 1st edition owners are having - I was successful in downloading the books I bought to my desktop and then plugging my Nook into the computer and dragging the e-pub files into the folder on the Nook.  It takes longer and is annoying but it got me the final book I bought in a trilogy I really wanted to finish!  :smileyhappy:  It sounds like the tech folks are trying to fix this problem with no timeline on when it will be done.

Reader 4
Readletter
0 Kudos

I've tried downloading to my computer and then dropping them in my Nook but it doesn't work either. I wasn't sure if it is because I have over 400 books on my First Edition Nook. I have plenty of free space so not sure what is going on.

If I try and check for new B&N content it takes forever and nothing changes.  My new books do not download.

Inspired Contributor
robertVA

Readletter wrote:

I've tried downloading to my computer and then dropping them in my Nook but it doesn't work either. I wasn't sure if it is because I have over 400 books on my First Edition Nook. I have plenty of free space so not sure what is going on.

If I try and check for new B&N content it takes forever and nothing changes.  My new books do not download.

• Downloading with a B&N reader application running on your computer or from a web browser while viewing the B&N store? If you're using a browser identify which browser and the version number.
  • Which Nook "drive" partition and folder are you sideloading the eBook file to? Built in "drive" or a micro SD card?
  • Do the files show when you view the Nook "drive" with the computer's file management application (Windows Explorer on computers using Microsoft Windows)?
  • Which firmware version is running in your Nook First Edition (view with the Setup page - last icon on the main menu)
  • Can you read the eBooks with a B&N reader application running on your computer?

I've had a few problems recently with a "network connectivity problem" attempting to download new eBooks, although shopping and the actual purchase with the reader worked properly. The problem promptly cleared up after completely shutting down the Nook First Edition (non 3G) and restarting it. This wasn't the quick "sleep mode" that goes to the "screensaver" image, but the full shutdown that results in a completely blank screen and the long restart with the page that give Adobe Systems credit for some of the program code.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

Thank you, robertVa. The complete shutdown, with WiFi already on, worked. I was able to download my book purchases.
New User
slimjim
0 Kudos

same with my ipad as well.

New User
SampsonTheMagical
0 Kudos

it has to do with the new filename. take away the underscore.
Contributor
saltgirl
0 Kudos

What do you mean?  Where do we find the file name?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

saltgirl wrote:

What do you mean?  Where do we find the file name?

You're working with a completely different operating system. The nook First Edition is an Android OS (Operating System) device, iPads, iPhones and iPods use Apple's iOS. There are other forums here in the B&N "book clubs" where people experienced with the iOS reader application are more likely to read your inquiry. The whole arrangement of folders and files on an Apple iDevice solid state hard drive could be different than how the First Edition is represented when attached to a computer.

The dual screen First edition has a significantly different user interface than the subsequent nooks. It might have different limitations on what it will recognize as far as characters in file names and where files are stored.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 300 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: