New User
TBKyle
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Question about Nook 1st editon settings

Hi everyone, I am new to nook first edition! I have simple touch and tablet, but I wanted the first edition for reading at the beach and listening to music-they should have never discontinued the device. So I bought a used first edition which is deregistered and has the 1.7 update.

I noticed under settings, (on the secone page) there are numbers after settings called IMEI, ICCID, IMSI and Modem Firmware Version..... I don't know what these settings mean as a layperson. These settings don't exist on my simple touch or tablet, so I want to make sure they are legit before I start to use the first edition. I wouldn't think a hand held device would need modem firmware, but I not tech savy.

I'm wary of what the prior owner could have done with or to the device, but I think these settings have something to do with the 3 g settings from the few mentions I've seen on other blogs. Am I correct? Do any other first generation 3 g people have those settings?

Just want to be safe with my nook account. Thanks

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Question about Nook 1st editon settings

They aren't "settings" that you can change. They display information about the 3G that could conceivably be used for debugging. But probably never will be, since the current customer service staff is pretty much ignorant about 3G.

You can safely ignore them.

New User
TBKyle
0 Kudos

Re: Question about Nook 1st editon settings

Thank you,

Yes, I went to the store and called online. No one knew what I was talking about. Thank goodness for these message boards, from that I gathered the clues about the 3 g service. Thanks for confirming.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:26 members 337 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: