Contributor
brodiac
0 Kudos

Quick-fix patch coming out for the currupted 1.2 patch

Last nite, during the super bowl, I turned on my nook to see it was updating the new patch. After that I couldnt get into my library at all. says it was empty. So..I called tech support. they stated that it is a problem with their new 1.2 patch and a quick fix patch should be coming out this week. For all of you with this problem like mine, I suggest dont screw with your nook untill the patch comes out and see if it fixes all the problems. Just thought Id pass the word.

New User
LanawritesTX
0 Kudos

Re: Quick-fix patch coming out for the currupted 1.2 patch

This is GREAT advice.  I did the manual update last week and have not been able to use any of my sideloaded content since.  My nook no longer recognizes the micro drive content.  It also doesn't recognize pdfs that I have loaded on the nook.

Come on patch!

:smileyhappy:

Contributor
mountainkimmie
0 Kudos

Hmmmm.  So far I've been able to open my documents, but I did notice there were some weird fomatting errors in the updated version of the manual.  Wonder if it was just a goof that got missed in the mad rush to get the update and updated manual out or if it is related.  I'm glad they are working on a fix for you folks that are having difficulties.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

It would be great if this is true.

I've not had any of the problems that others have encountered, (not that I doubt they are having these problems).

Of course it remains to be seen who's definition of a "week" they will be using, since CS is not the most reliable indicator of when things are coming out.  I can only hope they don't waste any time reverting to the old icons for the "Designers" on this board.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Can anyone else who has talked to CS confirm hearing this?

Anyone Planning to talk to CS, could you please remember to ASK?

New User
Auris
0 Kudos

After the 1.2 patch I can't access my Documents either!!  I could go delete most of my pdf files and it will work, once I put more than 3 it does not work..

Anyone knows any work around?

thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Auris wrote:

After the 1.2 patch I can't access my Documents either!!  I could go delete most of my pdf files and it will work, once I put more than 3 it does not work..

Anyone knows any work around?

thanks!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/eBooks-Help-Board/Possible-fix-work-around-for-v1-2-quot-My-D...

New User
TiffanyB-O
0 Kudos

Well after my 3 call to Tech support I finally got an answer to what was wrong. The first few times the just had me unregister and reregister...but as soon as I popped my SD card in wah wah.

I told them it happed after my Nook upgraded...so as a person who works in IT I assumed great its a patch bug. Since most of my library is PDF I figured it had something to do with that. I am glad they finally explained the issue before I did something nutty like try to jailbreak it.

The IT guy last night confirmed that it is an issue with the patch working with Adobe software. The only thing you can do at this point is to individual load and test PDFs. If you load a PDF that contains elements that trigger the error you will either not see it or you wont be able to open my documents...so there it is.

Given that individually checking is a hassle I have put the Nook to bed and am carrying the Sony reader until they get it fixed.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TiffanyB-O wrote:

The IT guy last night confirmed that it is an issue with the patch working with Adobe software. The only thing you can do at this point is to individual load and test PDFs. If you load a PDF that contains elements that trigger the error you will either not see it or you wont be able to open my documents...so there it is.

Well at least you got a plausible sounding explanation.  

You must have at least one Adobe Protected PDF in your collection.  Of course this still does not explain why other people have been able to get ALL of their documents working with the possible solution posted in the message above yours.

Did you get any sense that there was in fact a fix coming out anytime soon?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:19 members 307 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: