Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
sfball
0 Kudos

Read In Store - Flakey WiFi Connection?

I'm experiencing flakey WiFi connectivity when I use the Read In Store feature at the store. Usually this starts to happen after I've been reading for a few minutes.

My Nook shows that the WiFi is connected with the B&N logo, but it hangs on the "Loading page" or "Opening Book" until I finally have to press "Cancel".

Sometimes manually disconnecting and reconnecting the WiFi will help and sometimes it doesn't.

Is this a problem with the store's WiFi? My Nook? The Shop/Read In Store feature? Has anyone else had problems with this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-sfb

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Read In Store - Flakey WiFi Connection?

@sfball

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

The best thing you can possibly do is to seek out the store's "Nook expert" while you're there in the store and track the problem down with him/her right there.  Anything we could suggest here would just be guessing, and much less helpful.

Good luck!

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
bevnd
0 Kudos

Re: Read In Store - Flakey WiFi Connection?

I agree. I had problem while I was at my local B&N store with the Read In Store feature. I tried whatever I could think of to get it to work then one of the store workers walked by and I asked her. She tried the different things I had already tried. She thought I should unregister it, but I didn't think that was necessary. Then she said just a minute I will go check the stores Wi-Fi. She can back and said they had to reset the stores Wi-Fi and my Nook immediately worked fine. So it can be various problems just to find what it is. But since that day I haven't had a problem other than it can be slow at times.  Love the "Read In Store" option.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 194 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: