Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
alli56
0 Kudos

Re: Recovery of lost nook?

Left mine in the plane also the other day and am so sad. I woke up in the middle of the night and panicked! Called the airline and went to the airport to track the location of the plane, they called that airport but sadly it wasn't on the plane. Later that day I got an email saying I purchased two games, that's when I realized nobody was going to return my Nook to me.:smileysad: I took my credit card info off the B&N website, and then called B&N and they deactivated and blacklisted the device and credited my account for the games. They say the thief won't be able to use the Nook now. That mad me feel a little better. 

Contributor
txsue
0 Kudos

Cleaning people found my sister's Nook on Southwest and they found her and returned it...Took about 3 weeks.

Reader
alli56
0 Kudos

I'll keep hoping to see it again. Thanks.:smileyhappy:

New User
palms2020

I dropped my Nook at an airport and was so bummed when I looked for it on the plane and it was gone.  I recently received an e-mail from B&N notifying me that someone had returned it to one of their stores.  B&N traced it to me through the serial number and the store manager mailed it to me for a small fee. Because the very kind person had left their card, I was able to include a gift certificate in my payment along with a thank you note which B&N also mailed for me. I am so happy to have my Nook back!

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

I reset my account to require a password for all purchases, because I still have my old N1E and lend it occasionally so someone can read one of the books on it.  Not a bad idea to turn on that option anyway.

Distinguished Correspondent
DCLOVELL
0 Kudos

I will be heading on a plane next week for business.  My N1E is going with me.  This thread makes me think I had better do some password protection and put my name and address on it!

Thanks to all the great ideas here! :smileyhappy:

New User
jjfan1
0 Kudos

This thread is a huge help.  I bought a first edition a long time ago and recently purchased a simple touch last month.  I used it all of the time.  However last week I did not use it and yesterday I realized it was missing from my bag.  I logged into my account online and noticed that someone had downloaded a free book on my account. I changed my password and called customer service to have the nook deactivated.  They were very helpful through the entire process.  I am glad that I still have my first edition handy.

New User
swiimmerdude123
0 Kudos

hi i lost my nook simple touch because of my busy school related stuff how can i get it back? :smileyindifferent:

Reader
swtralph
0 Kudos

Gosh, I can see I am not the only one who left their Nook in a backpocket on a plane.

Its been a month and i finally deactivated it to protect from theft, sadly B&N when they deactivate also remove your e-mail from the setting page which of course is the best means of contact.  This explains why now there are so many Nooks on e-bay just for parts they can not be activated.

In any case may i suggest that everything he take in a airport has a tag sticker on it with your contact info regarding my replacement nook I am placing a taping a card with my contact info on the nook cover, I figure if you make it as easy as possible maybe the lazy person might go to the trouble of returning it.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 859 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: