Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Re: Replacement Nook Color USB Cable - Help I only have 33% power left

So look, I work at a retail B&N, and generally at the Nook station.  You didn't hear it from me, but you should go to your B&N -now- and get a cable.  Buy a individual cable if they still have them.  Buy the car adaptor if that's all they have.  Buy the wall adaptor if that's all they have.

I don't know how long the stock of these cables will last.  I have good reason to believe stores, especially smaller stores, will not be restocked on NC/NT accessories.  We don't carry N1E accessories, and haven't for quite some time. 

If you see your cable is showing any signs of damage and you're under the one year warranty, or under the two year protection plan call up now and ask for a replacement cable. 

Now, once they are totally out of stock I do not know if they plan on restocking.  I tend to doubt it though, look at N1E batteries.  I'm not sure if it's a wise idea to use other USB cables, it shouldn't matter but I have had customers come in with burnt out NC/NT units and they claimed the only thing they did was charge with a different cable -not- adaptor.  I have only their word for that. 

I do know that using a different adaptor can burn your nook out.  I suspect that the cables are not to blame in the above customers issues, but I want to be perfectly up front with you all as customers.  So you now have the information I have, coupled with my suspicions which are based on being one of the staff to help at the Nook desk since the N1E was introduced. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
New User
Becki-Dick
0 Kudos

Re: Replacement Nook Color USB Cable - Where can I get one

Our cable finally gave out and we can't seem to find one anywhere.  Any possibility BN will eventually have them again, or must we replace our Nook Color?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 311 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: