New User
2wheelgirl
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Replacing Win7 computer with Win8 computer - how do I keep everything intact?

I have both a 1st Edition and SimpleTouch w/Glowlight....with lots of unread books on them.  I am completely replacing my computers (not upgrading).  I can't find any information telling me how to do this easily. i.e. What do I transfer to what, and how do I do it.  I'm pretty much a tech beginner, so be gentle. :smileyembarrassed:

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: Replacing Win7 computer with Win8 computer - how do I keep everything intact?

You don't need to do anything. Both of your Nooks connect to Barnes & Noble through your WiFi and your computer isn't really involved. You would use your computer as you always have, to go to bn.com and purchase books, but the download process on your Nooks doesn't change.
New User
2wheelgirl
0 Kudos

Re: Replacing Win7 computer with Win8 computer - how do I keep everything intact?

Thanks for the quick reply.  So if I understand correctly, I don't have to do anything on the computer side?  I thought that I've read things about re-registering the B&N account.  Does no NOOK related stuff reside on my hardware?   Thanks - sorry to be a little confused about this.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716

unless you have Nook for PC or NookStudy your computer isn't involved with your Nooks in any fashion.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

You can load software on your PC to read Nook books, but it has nothing to do with your Nooks. Those are independent devices that download directly from B&N.
New User
2wheelgirl
0 Kudos

THANK YOU to everyone. At least that is one to-do item I can check off my computer replacement task list!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:11 members 309 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: