Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Spanish_IT
0 Kudos

Sample chapter purchase issue - Semi Official Fix

I have a fix for an issue dealing with sampling a book then purchasing it and still only being able to view a sample. First to clear up other myths for a fix, archiving a book and then putting it back in your library will not fix the issue, neither will turning the device on and off. The semi-official fix, I say semi because I do not work for B&N and was told over the phone the problem resolution, is the following:

1.Unregister your nook from your account, then reset your nook to factory settings (keep in mind this resets all on your nook, not your account).

2.Go into your B&N account and make sure the sample  is removed from your library, make sure you DO NOT DELETE your actual eBook from your library (if you delete your book from your library, then you need to call digital support to get your purchase back).

3. Once you have completed the above, re-register your nook and all the books will download. A technician at B&N told me that this fixes the issue 10 out of 10 times.

These kind of problems will be resolved with the next nook update. I was told the next update will happen in the next couple of weeks due to a lot of changes. Also for those wanting applications or "apps" keep in mind that this device has been created on the Android OS from google, this OS is an open source operating system that will allow developers to create custom apps. I am not saying tomorrow they will have apps, but sometime in the near future, you will see apps on the nook. I personally will still only use it for reading, but for those who care, there is your answer.

Hope this helps, have a great day/night/week/month/etc!

Frequent Contributor
violetangel
0 Kudos

Re: Sample chapter purchase issue - Semi Official Fix

Or jut delete the sample from your library BEFORE purchasing the book.  Much easier.

‎"No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anyone but oneself." -Virginia Woolf
Contributor
Spanish_IT
0 Kudos

True, but this is a fix for people who have already have the problem. Once you have the problem the sample doesn't exist in your library any more. So really you have to unregister your nook and reset factory settings, the re-register.

Reader
B-Rose
0 Kudos

Thank you!! This helped so much. I was having problems with Dear John, after only have my nook for 2 days!

I'll keep this in mind in case something crazy ever happens again!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 677 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: