Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
dottie28

Says "User not activated" after downloading an e-book to my nook from adobe digital editions

I downloaded an epub book from the free library's website.  I followed instructions to get it onto my Nook.  The book shows up under my library on my Nook, but when I go to open it up, I get "User not activated" message.   How do I get around this?

Frequent Contributor
4yesh4

Re: Says "User not activated" after downloading an e-book to my nook from adobe digital ed

[ Edited ]

Step 1: Close Adobe Digital Edition

Step 2: connect your Nook device to your computer using a USB cable

Step 3: (For WIndows OS User) Open My Computer / Computer then look for the Nook drive, double click on Nook drive then delete "Adobe Digital Folder"

Step 4: Disconnect your Nook device from your computer (dont forget to safely remove the Nook Drive)

Step 5: Connect again your Nook device to your computer

Step 6: Open Adobe Digital Edition

Step 7: Transfer the ebook [by dragging the ebook from the right pane to the left pane (NOOK ICON)]

Step 8: Disconnect Nook from PC (dont forget to safely remove the Nook drive)

Step 9: ON YOUR NOOK: Go to My Library > View My Documents

Unanimous Decision
Reader
fourstring71
0 Kudos

Re: Says "User not activated" after downloading an e-book to my nook from adobe digital ed

Whoever posted this is an absolute genius.  I got my Nook for Christmas and have not been able to use the library Media Overdrive source due to the glitch.  You rock and I thank you.  You have now made my Nook worth more.

Reader
BookGirlStacey
0 Kudos

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  That worked great!:smileyvery-happy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 165 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: