Frequent Contributor
SHAWNON
0 Kudos

Searching thru my library??

[ Edited ]

How about when I want to look through my library, I have to go page by page by page to see all my eBooks I own.

Is there an easier way to view my library to find a book I want to read?

I don't know all my titles.authors to search for a certain book I own sometimes I just want to look through my library and pick what looks good that day, however I have so many books I have to go page by page by page to shop my own library, and then to get back to the beginning of my library I have to go back page by page by page to get to the book I want to read in my library.

i wish there was a way to jump thru your library after you go thru ur entire list you could just jump back to "page" 2 of yoru library to see yoru list of books that are on "page" 2

i dont know how else to explain my question i hope this makes sense!

i have nook classic, getting color for xmas!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: searching thru my books??

SHAWNON wrote:

Is there a way to look thru my titles on the Nook without having to arrow over page to page to look thru my titles only to have to arrow back, bakc, back to go back to the one you wanted they may have been on page 4 of your 12 pages of titles?

alsoo can you customize titles such as a series of books, can you somehow add a note next to the title to say bk#1, #2 etc so you read the series in correct order?

the first par tof my question will really help since it takes so long to arrow thru titles to pick a book only to have to remember what "page" the book you want to read is actually on so you can select it and read it hwo do people with 500 books do it?

sorry for typos

Scroll down in the lower touch screen and find the search option, you can search for a book using that.  You shouldn't have to remember the page, the Nook should remember where you were in to the book and take you to the last page you read or looked at.  I'm almost always reading more than one book at a time, and it always remembers where I left off.

The only way you can customize titles is using a program like Calibre and if you do that, then you will have to sideload all your books into My Documents.  You cannot change any of the title information on books stored in the My B&N Library. 

Frequent Contributor
SHAWNON
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you How about when I want to look through my library, I have to go page by page by page to see all my ebooks I own.

I dont knwo all my titles.authors to search for a certain book I own sometimes I just want to look through my library and pick what looks good that day, however I have so many books I have to go page by page by page to shop my own library, and then to get back to the beginning of my library I have to go back page by page by page to get to the book i want to read in my library.

bklvr896 wrote:

SHAWNON wrote:

Is there a way to look thru my titles on the Nook without having to arrow over page to page to look thru my titles only to have to arrow back, bakc, back to go back to the one you wanted they may have been on page 4 of your 12 pages of titles?

alsoo can you customize titles such as a series of books, can you somehow add a note next to the title to say bk#1, #2 etc so you read the series in correct order?

the first par tof my question will really help since it takes so long to arrow thru titles to pick a book only to have to remember what "page" the book you want to read is actually on so you can select it and read it hwo do people with 500 books do it?

sorry for typos

Scroll down in the lower touch screen and find the search option, you can search for a book using that.  You shouldn't have to remember the page, the Nook should remember where you were in to the book and take you to the last page you read or looked at.  I'm almost always reading more than one book at a time, and it always remembers where I left off.

The only way you can customize titles is using a program like Calibre and if you do that, then you will have to sideload all your books into My Documents.  You cannot change any of the title information on books stored in the My B&N Library. 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

SHAWNON wrote:

Thank you How about when I want to look through my library, I have to go page by page by page to see all my ebooks I own.

I dont knwo all my titles.authors to search for a certain book I own sometimes I just want to look through my library and pick what looks good that day, however I have so many books I have to go page by page by page to shop my own library, and then to get back to the beginning of my library I have to go back page by page by page to get to the book i want to read in my library.

It seems like what you are wanting to do is browse your library, seeing what you have and then deciding what to read.  I don't know how else you would do this, except page by page since you are aren't looking for something specific.  That's what browsing is.

You can use shelves to organize your books if that will help.  I simply have 3 shelves, reading, to be read, and read.  So I browse the to be read section.  However, you can set up shelves any way you want, so you could set up category or genre shelves if that will help.  But basically, you're wanting to browse your books, and there's no way to simply browse anything except going page by page.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 418 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: