Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

jmm
Contributor
jmm
0 Kudos

Re: Shop Button--does anyone at B&N care!!!???

Again, where is Customer Service?  Are we being just written off due to being First Ed?  

I was a business owner--common courtesy would be to honestly reply, keep people updated as to progress, and to NOTIFY users when problem is solved!!!

At this point, my interpretation of B&N's actions--or lack thereof--is that they intend to do nothing, hoping that users buy a newer Nook version.

But, read the blogs--most state that if they have to upgrade, they're going to go Kindle!!!

New User
ctcrzy

Re: Shop Button

After reading this post I decided to go to a B&N Store to see if this would work for my and my 1st gen. nook would correct the issue with the shop button.

Well after I got to the store and rebooted the first time on there wifi it still would not work. So I decided to try one more time and this time it worked. Now I can use the shop button again on my nook.

When talking with the guy at the store he said the B&N are aware of the problem and they think it has something to do with there cloud. They are looking into it but have yet to come to a solution.

I do no have 3g on my nook. But now it connects to shop everytime im at home. This has seemed to fix the problem for me.

Thanks.

New User
Foxy8609
0 Kudos

Re: Shop Button

Hello everyone,

Ok so like everyone else ive had the same problem that my shop button hasnt worked for the past two months. I played with the wifi and 3g settings and nothing worked. Same with unregistering. As much as i didnt want to, i did a factory reset. It fixed the problem. It is still version 1.7 too. I dont know if anyone else has already figured this out cause i only got up to post from 1/17.

Hope this helped!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 249 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: