Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
candmend
0 Kudos

Shop Page on Nook Color

I had some issues purchasing earlier and getting the download, but I understand there has been major problems the last day and a half with their servers so I understood that. Now I have a new problem. The web browser works perfectly, but the shop page on the nook color will not load or display anything. I am unable to bring up any books, magazines, newspapers, categories, etc. It just shows a little spinning icon and occasionally gives me a message that there are no results to display. Anyone have any ideas?

Reader
artbowie
0 Kudos

Re: Shop Page on Nook Color

I too am experiencing this problem.  I can use the web browser but not shop.  In addition to the little spin indicator that it's working, I sometimes get a connect screen as if my wireless connection isn't connected.  When I select connect it brings up a list of wireless networks and my home network is re-establishing a connection.

Reader 2
Cutman4075
0 Kudos

I've been having the exact same problem yesterday and today.  I have WiFi connectivity at home and am able to browse the Web.  Unfortunately, my newspaper subscription is not downloading and I cannot shop for any books, magazines, or newspapers.  My wife has a Nook Color, but has not had any problems downloading or shopping, even though we're on the same network!  I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem on the discussion boards yet.  Would someone please post, if they know how to fix this issue?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos
Reader 2
Cutman4075
0 Kudos

Well, I finally found the answer in another thread posting, just before I had to get ready for work.  All I had to do was completely power off my NC by holding the power button down for about 5 seconds, wait about 30 seconds, then power on again.  After powering on, my newspapers for the past two days downloaded and I was able to shop again.

New User
spfeifen
0 Kudos

I have a brand new nook color. Registered, connected to the internet everything. I update firmware from V1.0.1 to 1.1.0. I can connect to the internet with no problems. But going to the Shop the circle just spins and the screen is blank. I go to the Setting-> Social Media and it states that I am not connected to the internet, but I am. I tried a reset/unregister and it fails stating that I am not connected to the internet. I am stuck with the only thing working is the browser? How can I do some type of hardware reset?

Correspondent
SRay
0 Kudos

It's most likely not your Nook. Thee seems to be a problem with the shop (and other administrative parts of the B&N Nook system). There are several threads in this forum and the general forum about this.We'll just have to wait until it's back in service again.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

spfeifen wrote:

I have a brand new nook color. Registered, connected to the internet everything. I update firmware from V1.0.1 to 1.1.0. I can connect to the internet with no problems. But going to the Shop the circle just spins and the screen is blank. I go to the Setting-> Social Media and it states that I am not connected to the internet, but I am. I tried a reset/unregister and it fails stating that I am not connected to the internet. I am stuck with the only thing working is the browser? How can I do some type of hardware reset?

Try turning the nook all the way off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. Then connect to wi-fi. Also the site has been doing some periodic maintenance, so you may encounter an error. Social settings really doesn't affect whether or not you are connected to wi-fi.

You might get more answers in the Nook Color Technical Support forum. This is the forum for the nook classic e-ink model.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 245 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: