Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GemRem
0 Kudos

Sideloading books

I am having trouble sideloading some ebooks tht I downloaded.

So far I can only get them to appear on the nook if I drag and drop them into my documents.  They are in epub format but I just don't know which folder to put them in so they are added to my main library instead of my documents so they will also show up in the cover view without me switching back and forth between the two folders.

Any advice? Is this even possible?

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Re: Sideloading books

Only the books you buy/download from B&N show up in your B&N Library.  All other sideloaded books show up in My Documents.  

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Reader 4
Jessesmam
0 Kudos

I have sideloaded the free books from Borders to my Nook.  They appear in My Documents.  However, when I open each, I get a message that says, "User not activated."  What does this mean?  Thanks for any help.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

You need to use Adobe Digital Editions to authorize your nook and sideload books from Borders (and Sony), you can download it free from the Adobe website.  Do a search for any post by Doug_Pardee, his signature has great instructions on how to put Sony ebooks on the nook, it should be much the same for Borders.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 72 members 549 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: