Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
spazticfit
0 Kudos

So, can you buy books from itunes and be able to read them on your nook?

Sorry if this is a repeat of someone else's question, but if it is I can't find it.  I'm considering getting a nook, and I already have some books that I got through the ibooks app, I can transfer those too a nook, right?

Thanks!

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: So, can you buy books from itunes and be able to read them on your nook?

spazticfit wrote:

Sorry if this is a repeat of someone else's question, but if it is I can't find it.  I'm considering getting a nook, and I already have some books that I got through the ibooks app, I can transfer those too a nook, right?

Thanks!

No, You cannot read any ibooks on anything that is non Apple. 

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Just as the DRM in a B&N Nook book ties the ebook to B&N devices or apps, the iBookStore DRM ties iBook purchases to Apples reader app.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

ProfReader wrote:

No, You cannot read any ibooks on anything that is non Apple.

You can't even read them on a Mac.

New User
MA72
0 Kudos

I just had two people tell me you can but they weren't sure how. They also said they knew people who had been able to get books off of amazon and read them on their nook. Again I haven't figured out how but I hope to soon.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

MA72 wrote:

I just had two people tell me you can but they weren't sure how. They also said they knew people who had been able to get books off of amazon and read them on their nook. Again I haven't figured out how but I hope to soon.

Tell them to put their money where their mouth is.

They're confused.

Even the definitive blog about removing DRM from ebooks says "There’s currently no way to remove DRM from ebooks using Apple’s Fairplay DRM scheme, used on most ebooks bought at Apple’s iBooks ebook store."  Trust me, if it could be done, that blog would know how to do it.

New User
Pam59
0 Kudos

I have put a couple on my nook but now that I'm trying again I can't seem to do it because I don't remember exactly how I did it the first time.

New User
Jen66CO
0 Kudos

I just happened onto this question and you may have already figured this out, but for anyone else who comes across it I'll post any way.  Simply download your book to iTunes.  Open the Adobe Digital Editions program that came with the Nook on your PC.  Click File>Add to Library.  Navigate to the iTunes folder where your book is located and select it.  Attach your Nook and transfer.  That easy!

Reader
dramachick
0 Kudos

Anyone else able to figure out how to do this? ADE loaded the iBook fine from iTunes, but I can't see any text, either in ADE or on my Nook Simple Touch. I guess I should just accept the answer that one can't read an iBook on anything but a Mac device, huh?

New User
krhodes425
0 Kudos

to get books off amazon onto a nook download the amazon kindle app from the play store. its easy and that's how I have some books on there. although I have been told you can get the books from I-tunes onto a nook I haven't found a way yet.
New User
krhodes425
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

you can get books off amazon if you download the amazon kindle app from the play store. just link the amazon app with your amazon account.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

krhodes-425, the Kindle app is only available to the HD/+ line of Nooks through the upgrade that brought access to the Google Play Store.. This thread is for the N1E, which was an eInk device that hit end of life a couple of years before the HD/+ was released.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Furthermore, the OP was asking about Apple iTunes shop books, not Amazon.

Baron Wulfraed
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: