Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Tigre4paws
0 Kudos

Some questions

I'm so excited to receive my referbished Nook! I purchased the WiFi 3G. So far everything seems to be working just fine.

I do have a couple of questions.  I have done some searches on forum as well as looked through the information I received with my Nook. 

WiFi will be selected to be on, but on the display it says disconnected.  Is it in fact disconnected?  I only see one or two bars.  My cell usually has 4 or 5 bars at most of my locations.

My Nook seems to be really slow no matter what I am doing with it.  Loading a page, changing pages, searching, etc.Is that normal? 

The font option does not show up.  I will have my book open.  All that is listed is: Find, Go To, Bookmarks, and Highlights & Notes.  However there is a small scroll bar to the right of the color screen.  When I try to move that I can't.  Which leads to my next ?, does the little scroll bar on the right of the color screen even work for anything?

Thanks so much for your time, I appreciate it!

Thanks,

Beth

Contributor
patzer_9009
0 Kudos

Re: Some questions

I have a 3g/wifi nook and when it shows bars it is in the 3G mode with wifi disabled or not available a different symbol appears when connected to wifi

Contributor
Tigre4paws
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

There's a little thin scroll bar on the right.  That will give you more options on your books.  It's very thin. 

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Tigre4paws wrote:

The font option does not show up.  I will have my book open.  All that is listed is: Find, Go To, Bookmarks, and Highlights & Notes.  However there is a small scroll bar to the right of the color screen.  When I try to move that I can't.  Which leads to my next ?, does the little scroll bar on the right of the color screen even work for anything?

The scroll bar on the right of the touch screen serves more as an indicator than an actual scroll bar.

It works similar to an iPod touch or iPhone if you have one of those.

Instead of trying to select and move the scroll bar down, place a finder on any of the available menu choices and slide it up.

Contributor
Tigre4paws
0 Kudos

I've tried moving the tiny scroll bar, doesn't work.

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

Tigre4paws wrote:

I've tried moving the tiny scroll bar, doesn't work.

Don't try scrolling the actual scrollbar. Lightly place your finger on the touchscreen and flick up. To go the other way, flick downward. The scrollbar is just there as an indicator that there are more options you can't see.

Fran

Contributor
Tigre4paws
0 Kudos

Well, I feel like an idiot.  I finally figured out the little scroll bar. >sigh<  Thanks for the help.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

Tigre4paws wrote:

The scroll bar on the right of the touch screen serves more as an indicator than an actual scroll bar.

It works similar to an iPod touch or iPhone if you have one of those.

Instead of trying to select and move the scroll bar down, place a finder on any of the available menu choices and slide it up.

Well, as Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that,".  It sure makes playing sudoku easier!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 629 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: