Frequent Contributor
Jeffell
0 Kudos

Sorting My Documents Trick

I have 15 pages of documents in My Documents, and it always seems like I want to read the one that is on page 15, and I have to click-click-click to get to it. Until B&N opens up searching My Documents, or allows better sorting, I thought of this trick to put my current documents/books on the first page:

I use Calibre to side load documents to the Nook, and if I add a single digit (1 to 10) at the beginning of the document name in the META info, then it will appear on the first page of the list of documents.

It's a simple fix, but really nice if I have 3 or 4 documents/books I am in the middle of reading. Once I tell it to look for new content, it always sorts those to the front.

Now, if B&N would put a "Most Recent Opened" (the last 5 documents or so) feature in the Nook, WOW! The "Reading Now" only does the last document opened.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: Sorting My Documents Trick

Jeffell wrote:

Now, if B&N would put a "Most Recent Opened" (the last 5 documents or so) feature in the Nook, WOW! The "Reading Now" only does the last document opened.

This is something I really want, I'm often in the middle of a few books, maybe 2 or 3 on my various medical conditions then one that is just pleasure reading.... 

Something like Windows has with "most recent documents," I've already started thinking of them as 'nookmarks' instead of bookmarks! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Jeffell
0 Kudos

Re: Sorting My Documents Trick

"This doesn't work on items with DRM though, does it?"

Not sure. I have done it with documents that I have created and moved over in Calibre. I suppose, if you can change the title in the META, it would work. Then, when you are done with the book, change the title back, and delete the doctored copy on the Nook and reload with Calibre. It will return to it's regular place in the list.

It's not a prefect fix, but it does work. It is really annoying to click 14 times to get to a document. I can't imagine what people do if they have hundreds of books or docs.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:34 members 346 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: