Reader
tisbobsy
0 Kudos

Stuck on Loading

I can download one book and look at and shop for a few more in one sitting before my nook gets stuck in loading....... Then I can only view the books titles or covers. Anything more like, reading what the book is about, or looking up different subjects or even purchasing the book and I get stuck with the loading page.I have full wifi signal and battery and it still does this. Does anyone know why?

New User
mrsmas
0 Kudos

Re: Stuck on Loading

Mine has been doing the exact same thing since downloading the 1.3 version. Ugh! It is fully charged and does it even when I power it on/off. If there is an answer to fixing this I'd love to know. Only had for 3 days now.

New User
Sunflower_Dykstra
0 Kudos

I am having the Same exact problem. When browsing books and trying to read the synopsis, I get stuck in the loading page for up to 15 minutes at a time!

Would love a solution to this. I've only had my nook for about 2 weeks, and also noticed the problem after the software upgrade.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Sunflower_Dykstra wrote:

I am having the Same exact problem. When browsing books and trying to read the synopsis, I get stuck in the loading page for up to 15 minutes at a time!

Actually, yours is a totally different problem. The other folks' problem has to do with opening e-books that are stored on their NOOKs. Your problem has to do with obtaining the synopsis from B&N over the wireless (3G or Wi-Fi).

Have you tried turning off Wi-Fi to force it to go to the 3G? It's possible it's trying to access an unusable Wi-Fi system.

If that doesn't do the trick, give Customer Service a call at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They can work with you to try to pinpoint what the problem is. Trying to do that on these boards will take forever.

Reader 4
Rotler
0 Kudos

I just spent 45 min with tech support. Here's what we figured out. I still couldn't a book even after I unregistered or archived the book. What did work was for me to delete the book and then reorder it. Of course this was not a big deal since the book was free. I've only had this problem with some of the free or sample books.
Contributor
iandix
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem with two books I purchased, I gave up trying to them to open. All tech support would tell me was to unregister then re-register then archive the book then unarchive the book. I lost count how many times I was told to do this. I ended up deleting the books and buying them from Sony, I sideloaded them and they worked fine. In the end it cost me about $15 extra (buying the books twice) ...but ..hey I got the books I wanted to read

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:56 members 440 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: