Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
tisbobsy
0 Kudos

Stuck on Loading

I can download one book and look at and shop for a few more in one sitting before my nook gets stuck in loading....... Then I can only view the books titles or covers. Anything more like, reading what the book is about, or looking up different subjects or even purchasing the book and I get stuck with the loading page.I have full wifi signal and battery and it still does this. Does anyone know why?

New User
mrsmas
0 Kudos

Re: Stuck on Loading

Mine has been doing the exact same thing since downloading the 1.3 version. Ugh! It is fully charged and does it even when I power it on/off. If there is an answer to fixing this I'd love to know. Only had for 3 days now.

New User
Sunflower_Dykstra
0 Kudos

I am having the Same exact problem. When browsing books and trying to read the synopsis, I get stuck in the loading page for up to 15 minutes at a time!

Would love a solution to this. I've only had my nook for about 2 weeks, and also noticed the problem after the software upgrade.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Sunflower_Dykstra wrote:

I am having the Same exact problem. When browsing books and trying to read the synopsis, I get stuck in the loading page for up to 15 minutes at a time!

Actually, yours is a totally different problem. The other folks' problem has to do with opening e-books that are stored on their NOOKs. Your problem has to do with obtaining the synopsis from B&N over the wireless (3G or Wi-Fi).

Have you tried turning off Wi-Fi to force it to go to the 3G? It's possible it's trying to access an unusable Wi-Fi system.

If that doesn't do the trick, give Customer Service a call at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support. They can work with you to try to pinpoint what the problem is. Trying to do that on these boards will take forever.

Reader 4
Rotler
0 Kudos

I just spent 45 min with tech support. Here's what we figured out. I still couldn't a book even after I unregistered or archived the book. What did work was for me to delete the book and then reorder it. Of course this was not a big deal since the book was free. I've only had this problem with some of the free or sample books.
Contributor
iandix
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem with two books I purchased, I gave up trying to them to open. All tech support would tell me was to unregister then re-register then archive the book then unarchive the book. I lost count how many times I was told to do this. I ended up deleting the books and buying them from Sony, I sideloaded them and they worked fine. In the end it cost me about $15 extra (buying the books twice) ...but ..hey I got the books I wanted to read

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 735 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: