Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
asherm
0 Kudos

Stylus for Nook ?

As many have probably notices the keys are a bit small.

Since a standard stylus will not work with Nook, has anyone found one that will?

Correspondent
dElaphant
0 Kudos

Re: Stylus for Nook ?

You want to look for a "capacitive stylus", the same kind that might be advertised for use with an iPhone.

Or you can use a sausage.

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

dElaphant wrote:

:smileysurprised:  I imagine the briefcase or handbook would get smelly after a few days.

Plus, you better keep your nook away from your dog.

Correspondent
dElaphant
0 Kudos

Ha! My dog ate a digital camera, a cordless phone, and countless remote controls. The sausage would distract him from the nook! 

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

This is why I keep a small child strapped to the back of my nook. They have really little fingers.

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

dElaphant wrote:

Ha! My dog ate a digital camera, a cordless phone, and countless remote controls. The sausage would distract him from the nook! 

So, does the dog get to decide what to watch?

Frequent Contributor
Bamrz
0 Kudos

I had actually ordered an iPhone stylus to try on my nook, and it just came today. Yes, it DOES work! I have klutzy fingers, and get frustrated any time I need to use the keyboard, and sometimes while trying to select from a list on my nook. The stylus is the answer!

I got mine for $2.99 from Cell Phone Shop. I had a few other things to get, so my order qualified for free shipping. The shipping is slow, it's international and takes about a week.

Sue

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - what a ride!!!
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Bamrz wrote:

I had actually ordered an iPhone stylus to try on my nook, and it just came today. Yes, it DOES work! I have klutzy fingers, and get frustrated any time I need to use the keyboard, and sometimes while trying to select from a list on my nook. The stylus is the answer!

I got mine for $2.99 from Cell Phone Shop. I had a few other things to get, so my order qualified for free shipping. The shipping is slow, it's international and takes about a week.

Sue

Sue,

Thanks for the heads up, I've been playing with the Sony Touch and I love the stylus, might have to get one to try with the nook.

Frequent Contributor
Unburnt
0 Kudos

You could also make your own.

Think Geek has one, although it is rather expensive. Probably still cheaper than paying for international shipping.

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

Unburnt wrote:

You could also make your own.

Interesting. I'll have to try this. I've got quite a bit of those silver anti-static envelopes. Thanks for this tip. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
FL_GAL
0 Kudos

Thank you!!!! I just ordered one.  This will make life so much easier!!!!

Frequent Contributor
SamanthaEdmunde
0 Kudos

we are talking about the nook 3g?

that is what I am having problems with tapping on the exact thing i want.

Frequent Contributor
SamanthaEdmunde
0 Kudos

i looked at the pogo and the boxwave pen stylus. as much as i love the color pink, i picked out a boxwavecapacitive nook stylus in red to match my new Oberon red hummimgbird nook cover.

Besides the pogo tip look a little squished to me than the boxwave.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 512 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: