Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
honjarte
0 Kudos

The admin for this board...

Hasn't logged in in three weeks.  I guess I won't hold my breath for some help. 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Re: The admin for this board...

honjarte wrote:

You made your first post 7 minutes before posting this.  Just how fast do you expect help to arrive?  Do you think this is the internet or something?  :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@honjarte

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

honjarte wrote:

Not so.  The Admins seem to be tag teaming the boards, and Andy_T was last on 18 minutes ago.  Yesterday he reached out to help a frontline soldier in Afghanistan with a Nook problem.

Besides, your first post didn't look like a question or a problem; it looked like a complaint on board housekeeping.  Letting off steam doesn't usually produce instant responses, if it produces any at all. :smileywink:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
honjarte
0 Kudos

My question (on which I spent at least an hour looking for an answer here at B& N.com (see my other posting RE: Silly tips that can't be turned off)) still hasn't been answered, even though the problem has threads on it from a year ago.  You want I should be happy about that?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

honjarte wrote:

My question (on which I spent at least an hour looking for an answer here at B& N.com (see my other posting RE: Silly tips that can't be turned off)) still hasn't been answered, even though the problem has threads on it from a year ago.  You want I should be happy about that?

Whether you're happy or sad is immaterial to me:  you haven't communicated a problem yet.  If you have a problem with your Nook and you can make it understandable in plain English, fire away:  you'll find plenty of people who want to help.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0

honjarte wrote:

From what I can tell you made your first post 5 hours ago.  If you don't feel you're getting a fast enough response call 1-800-the-book and then stop complaining.  Threads from a year ago weren't even for this version of the Nook so they're actually irrelevant at this point.

Pick up the phone.  Take a deep breath.  Dial the above number.  That is the TECH SUPPORT line.  These are message boards.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
toy4x4
0 Kudos

Have you tried the suggestions in your other thread?

Why create another thread about how someone has not responded to your thread.

Also realize that the main support from B&N is not this board, it is the phone. I do not expect "moderators" to actually solve everyone's problem.

Try the suggestions in the other thread, continue to work with everyone trying to help there and stop openiong worthless threads like this one.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 776 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: