Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Things must be getting better

This is, of course, totally subjective (but that applies to 98% of all postings, no?), but...

It seems that the volume of posts on this Board has dropped off dramatically.  As a relative newcomer, I wondering why this is:

• was there a holiday season "spike"?
  • are all the Nook technical issues solved?
  • have all the Nook Color folk migrated (or have been migrated) to their tech support Board?

Just wondering...slow night...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Things must be getting better

shilohMD wrote:

This is, of course, totally subjective (but that applies to 98% of all postings, no?), but...

It seems that the volume of posts on this Board has dropped off dramatically.  As a relative newcomer, I wondering why this is:

• was there a holiday season "spike"?
  • are all the Nook technical issues solved?
  • have all the Nook Color folk migrated (or have been migrated) to their tech support Board?

Just wondering...slow night...

I think the two highlighted items.

The spike -- which related mainly to NookColor -- was very similar to the post-introduction spike that Nook Classic had.  Now that the duds have been called back and replaced, things seem to be calming down again.

Maybe B&N has gotten past the Customer Service meltdown, too:  when people didn't get satisfaction from CS, they seemed more apt to post here.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Correspondent
cinderxhella
0 Kudos

The spike likely caused a lot of people who had no prior knowledge of the device to sign up and post away. It seems likely now that more people are actually trying to figure things out for themselves. Crazy, I know.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree

cinderxhella wrote:

The spike likely caused a lot of people who had no prior knowledge of the device to sign up and post away. It seems likely now that more people are actually trying to figure things out for themselves. Crazy, I know.

Yeah.  Next thing you know, they'll actually be reading the Manual.  :smileysurprised:

I must be hallucinating -- never mind.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 173 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: