New User
Rezz
0 Kudos

This title is unavailable to download

[ Edited ]

"This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details."

Even after using 2 different CC, I still get this message when trying to download an Ebook thats in my Nook Library. Any help or maybe some Q&A page I might have missed on this site?

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: This title is unavailable to download

Rezz wrote:

"This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details."

Even after using 2 different CC, I still get this message when trying to download an Ebook thats in my Nook Library. Any help or maybe some Q&A page I might have missed on this site?

I would just call Customer Support and discuss the problem with them.  It sounds like there is some sort of problem with your account and unfortunately (or fortunately !! :smileyhappy: ) none of the regular posters on this board can help you with that.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
New User
csc2315
0 Kudos

This is the exact same message I am seeing, even though I have a 25$ gift card on my acocunt. I did accidentally enter my credit card exp. date wrong, but have since changed it. I think that is what cause this message to show initially for me, but why wouldn't be cost of the book just come from the gift card? Especially after I fixed my credit card information? Can anybody shed some light?

Tried customer service on the phone. Was on hold for so long I hung up...

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

csc2315 wrote:

This is the exact same message I am seeing, even though I have a 25$ gift card on my acocunt. I did accidentally enter my credit card exp. date wrong, but have since changed it. I think that is what cause this message to show initially for me, but why wouldn't be cost of the book just come from the gift card? Especially after I fixed my credit card information? Can anybody shed some light?

Tried customer service on the phone. Was on hold for so long I hung up...

Even though the cost of the book comes from the gift card, the credit card is used to create the DRM encryption key (copyright protection).  B&N will "ping" the credit card to make sure it is valid, which is why you sometimes see a $1.00 pending charge on your CC, but it never goes through as a "real" charge.  If the expiration date was wrong, it couldn't ping the card so it stopped the process.

Call Customer Service -- 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), Option 2, Digital Support.

New User
Rezz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This morning- I called and was disconnected after it said something weird. My CC is fine. I just bought a book for $7.99 with it. I still get an error to call CS so I'm on hold again for 30 mins so far. I should have done more research on b&n before I bought this nook. I love the store but so far not happy at all with the service compared to my other non b&n ereader. Hope this call I'm on hold for goes through this time. I really like the choices b&n have online.

Tonight- Even after using 3 different credit cards (all with money available) and changing all the shipping/credit card/name/address info I am STILL getting the same error. And I called b&n 2 times and the people both said the same thing!! I tried debit cards and then credit cards. My cards work for everything else (even amazon). I do not want to call again and hear the same thing to "try another credit card or check what you typed". I even had friends double check that the info was right. I want to use this ereader but I'm already tired of this same error message and no help!!

Reader
rabbit1963
0 Kudos

I'm currently having this problem.  I used my CC to purchase a paperback just before the holidays without any problems.  Got the Nook for Christmas and a gift card.  I then bought a book and got some samples after the holidays without a problem.  Then I went back in to purchase two more books and that is when I received this error message.  called CS first time was told to delete current card then re-enter it.  I did this and still no luck, I'm going to try CS again this afternoon.

New User
Krist10
0 Kudos

I am having this same issue.  I am a little irritated with the lack of knowledge that the two people in customer service have been.  Also both of them were incredibly impossible to understand.  (Gotta love outsourcing).  But the biggest irritation so far is that because I have to have a valid CC entered, I can not use the $70 in gift card funds on my account.  I downloaded some books and attempted to enjoy my day off reading and can't because I have lost my CC and had to have it deactivated.  I know have to wait for 5 days in order to get a new one, which makes my day off, not as relaxing as planned.

I passed on the Kindle for the Nook and I am starting to regret it.

Contributor
Fred67
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yup... sitting on hold right now.  My last card was actually a bank card; the bank was bought out by another bank and we got a new card.  Without thinking much about it, my son placed an order today and it wouldn't download.

Fine... that's understandable, so I go to my account, delete the old card, add a new one... and now my book is in limbo.  It didn't automatically try to purchase it again (that's understandable, although it would be nice).  It won't let me buy it again... it won't let me delete it... I can't do anything.

I've had it up to here (yes, I'm holding my hand at forehead level) with this stupid Nook and the ridiculous e-book schemes and lack of buyers rights and all the other baggage associated with e-books in general, I'm really p-o-ed right now.

Ok... just talked to a helpful representative who can't do anything - told me to wait until tomorrow, "we're having problems with our order processing," excuse, excuse, excuse... but no help.  Thanks a lot.

Reader
rabbit1963
0 Kudos

Update for me.  I called B&N last night and talk to a guy named Calvin.  He had me write down both order numbers for the books that I cannot download.  I am suppose to wait until Thursday and call back because they are currently having problems with the system .  At that time they will delete these two orders.  I should be able to then reorder these two books and be able to download them.  He said this because after I had deleted my CC (and it is a bank card that I chose to use a CC) and reentered the info, I was able to download a sample of another book without any problems.  So I have my fingers crossed that Friday morning I can get on here and let everyone know that it worked.

Reader
rabbit1963
0 Kudos

Okay the book was cancelled and I reordered.  Everything is almost hunky dorey.  I just have to contact them again because I was charged for the book that was cancelled.  Sigh, another hour on the phone I guess.

New User
scratchpiklz

I just had this problem happen to me tonight.  I went to download a new book before I realized that I had my old credit card on my B&N account.

when I clicked "Download" from my library menu, it gave me the same error.  I entered my new CC info and set that as the default. I tried to remedy the problem online, (archiving in hopes it would remove from my library, trying to delete order) but that did not work.  So I gave up and called the number.

I was on hold for about 10-15 minutes, not too bad.

I explained my problem to the woman on the phone and she checked to make sure my credit card wasn't charged (I assured her that would be impossible because it was inactive), and checked to make sure we were talking about the correct book.

She cancelled the order from the old credit card, had me re-synch my nook and the book was deleted!  She stayed on the phone with me until I had bought the book again, and confirmed that it was downloading ok.

The entire phone call from the second the system picked up until I hung up was 20 minutes, and now I have my book ready to read.  Not too painful!

New User
CBRKB
0 Kudos

Re: This title is unavailable to download...WTF??????

What is going on with B&N nook books?!!!!  Just purchased a Nook and have attempted to download a nook book 9 times however I receive an error:

This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details.

I've spoken with customer services 5 times, all horrible experiences.  These people could care less about your issue and are no help at all.

I've tried two CC, two accounts and I still receive errors.  I'm so irritated right now.  I'm giving B&N one more chance, then I'm going Kindle and blogging, facebooking, tweeting about my experience with B&N.  B&N here's your chance to recover...

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Uh huh.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

CBRKB wrote:

What is going on with B&N nook books?!!!!  Just purchased a Nook and have attempted to download a nook book 9 times however I receive an error:

This title is unavailable to download. Either your payment method was declined, a refund was issued, or charge-back was applied to this item. Contact our Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) for details.

I've spoken with customer services 5 times, all horrible experiences.  These people could care less about your issue and are no help at all.

I've tried two CC, two accounts and I still receive errors.  I'm so irritated right now.  I'm giving B&N one more chance, then I'm going Kindle and blogging, facebooking, tweeting about my experience with B&N.  B&N here's your chance to recover...

You are not trying to buy e-books outside the US?

If not, try the erase and deregister option (under device info) and register the Nook again.

That solved a payment problem for me in the past.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 465 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: