Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
ROK3
0 Kudos

Trouble downloading purchased book

Keep geting mesage "Queued - Will complete shortly.  This has been going on for 2 days.  Tried turning my Nook on/off a few times, no change.  Any ideas?

New User
Nerdlor
0 Kudos

Re: Trouble downloading purchased book

Does your Nook have 3G and wifi connectivity, or just wifi?

With the Nooks that are wifi only (like mine is) you have to sideload the books because the Nook

can't handle the file naming system.

1. Log into the Barnes and Noble site and access your Nook library by clicking on 'My Account' at the top and selecting 'My Library'

2.Download the file to your computer somewhere you can find it again

3. Rename the file by removing everything after the ISBN. For example, I downloaded Singularity

Sky, the file name was 9781429940771_epub.v12.epub. I renamed the file to 9781429940771.epub

4. Connect your Nook to your computer with the micro USB cable that came with the Nook. Your computer should recognize the Nook as a new drive letter.

5. Copy that renamed .epub file into the "my B&N downloads" folder on the nook.

6. Disconnect the Nook and enjoy! You might need to reboot the Nook and/or tell it to 'Check for New Content' before the book appears in the list

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook
0 Kudos

Nerdlor wrote:

With the Nooks that are wifi only (like mine is) you have to sideload the books because the Nook

What are you talking about?  We have had no problems at all with our Nook WiFi handling the naming conventions when downloading books from the BN store

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Nom-de-Nook wrote:

Nerdlor wrote:

What are you talking about?  We have had no problems at all with our Nook WiFi handling the naming conventions when downloading books from the BN store

Ditto.  I download onto my nook via my home wifi network all the time.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

ROK3 wrote:

Keep geting mesage "Queued - Will complete shortly.  This has been going on for 2 days.  Tried turning my Nook on/off a few times, no change.  Any ideas?

Have you successfully connected to your home network?  Can you go into a B&N and connect there to see if you have the same problem?

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

ROK3 wrote:

Check to make sure your credit card info is up to date. You might have to unregistered and reregister. When this happened to me that is what I had to do to clear it up.

This has NOTHING to do with file names!!!!

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
romsfuulynn
0 Kudos

I have had problems with some pdbs working fine when sideloaded, but not being able to download them.

Nook technical support doesn't even understand the problem.

I have something like 325 active books on shelves, plus another 50 archived, plus a couple of hundred sideloaded non-BN content so unregistering is not an attractive option.

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Ditto again. No problems with wifi. Check ur home network settings. Also make sure credit card info up to date. Just had this problem last nite. Cc expired. Had reenter cc expiration date. Hope this helps
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 16 members 694 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: