Reader 4
Heatherdu
0 Kudos

Re: Two Nook Household

I wish I had seen this information ages ago!  We are now a single account, 4 Nook household - two 1st Eds and two Colors.  Basically, one each for myself and my husband.  I'm thinking of trying to switch to separate accounts as is so nicely explained here.  I may have just missed it but I believe that I only see mention of sideloading and sharing books.  What about magazines and apps?  Has anyone shared those between accounts?

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor
SuzW
0 Kudos

We have 3 nooks - 2 colors and one first edition. They're all registered to the same account. I have magazines on them, but I imagine unless they're on one account, they wouldn't sync, because of the monthly charge associated with each one of them (like buying a book each month). I also like Dropbox, because I can load items to it, and my husband can access them at home.

We have no problem with them being all on the same account, because when I finish with a book, my husband reads in, and we only pay for it once! We've only had the second nook color since Monday. The nook first edition has sat idle since then, but my daughter will use it (it's mine though, and she'll ask to read a specific book, so she won't have free reign).

New User
EllieG757
0 Kudos

So two people who read the same books can share the same account. My sister and I are going to do that. I was wondering how library books work when sharing accounts. Can each person get the library book? And do they automatically update the pages?

Also, what other information is shared between nooks on the same account (if any..)? Sorry for my cluelessness...

Contributor
DinahMA44
0 Kudos

When you borrow a book from the library it is downloaded onto your computer through Adobe Digital Editions.  You can then sideload the book to BOTH NOOKS so you can both read the same book at the same time.  Just be careful to ONLY delete the book when you both have finished.  ADE allows you to have several devices on one account.

Reader
MikeGoodfellow
0 Kudos

We gave my father a NC for Father's Day.

I copied all my NC books onto a CD and gave it to him.

I gave him the credit card I used to pay for books and it works but it asks him for the number every time he opens the book.

Ideas?

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

MikeGoodfellow wrote:

We gave my father a NC for Father's Day.

I copied all my NC books onto a CD and gave it to him.

I gave him the credit card I used to pay for books and it works but it asks him for the number every time he opens the book.

Ideas?

I seem to remember reading that only the N1E had the ability to remember multiple unlock codes. NST, NC, NT are programmed to use the last code entered. So, for example, if he opened and unlocked one of your shared books, then switched to one of his books, then tried to open your shared book again, it should: 1) prompt him for his CC to open his book because it will have forgotten that unlock code; 2) prompt him for your CC because of the one stored code limit.

Is this what you are seeing? Or, is he only opening your shared books and having it prompt every time?

(As I said, that is my recollection of how it is programmed. I could be having a mid-morning brain fog.)

Contributor
DinahMA44
0 Kudos

My Nook 1E would only remember one. Yesterday I added books from daughter in law and now her books only, the ones from my husbands Nook account open as well as mine. That is 3 different CC plus I amalso reading a book from library sided loade with ADE. Maybe it is an unadvertised feature (bug) but I like this one.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:73 members 529 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: