Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
blpsara
0 Kudos

Two nooks on one account...

My sister and I both have nooks. We also have separate B&N accounts. However, we now would like to join our accounts together.

My question is, what will happen to the books of whichever Nook we un-register and then re-register? Are they lost? Or will there be a way for us to get them back?

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

Re: Two nooks on one account...

You can find information about unregistering and re-registering your NOOK on page 69 of the users manual.  It's under the title Registering your NOOK. The consequences of unregistering and re-registering the NOOK are covered there.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that if you register both Nooks to one account, what one does on the Nook happens to the other.  So, if you archive a book you've finished, it will get archived on your sister's Nook and vice versa.  And, if B&N gets the promised syncing working, if you are reading the same book at the same time, whenever you connect the Nook to the site, it will sync the book on both Nooks to the same page.  

Doug_Pardee has some excellent information about sharing books in one household without sharing an account.  Look for one of his posts and there should be a link in his signature to it.

B&N Bookseller
miffy1157
0 Kudos

you will only get to keep books from one account. you may have to reset one nook as well. have you synced the 2 nooks yet? pretty much you unregister one, then re-register with your sisters email and pass. then press check for new BN content. 

- Caitlin
Inspired Contributor
Paginate
0 Kudos

The books from the account you are no longer registered with will not be lost though.  They will not be in 'My B&N Library' on your nook anymore but you can still download them to your computer from your online account.  You can then sideload them into 'my documents' on your nook.  They will be in with any books you bought from places other than B&N.

Reader 2
blpsara
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help.

We just wanted to make sure the books wouldn't be lost.

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

And, if B&N gets the promised syncing working, if you are reading the same book at the same time, whenever you connect the Nook to the site, it will sync the book on both Nooks to the same page.  

Doug_Pardee has some excellent information about sharing books in one household without sharing an account.  Look for one of his posts and there should be a link in his signature to it.

Not if the Synching is optional or user activated, which is what I hope for.  Dougs info is good, but more work than some of my customers are wanting

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 373 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: