New User
terry_b
0 Kudos

USER NOT ACTIVATED

HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD 2 DIFFERENT BOOKS ONE FROM LIBRARY ONE INTERNET PURCHASE BOTH DOWNLOADED TO ADOBE DIGITAL THEN SIDE LOAD TO NOOK AND IT COMES US ON MY DOCUMENTS WITH BOOK TITLE AND UNKNOWN AUTHOR. WHEN I TRY TO READ THE BOOK IT SAYS USER NOT ACTIVATED. WHEN I LOOK AT THE ITEM DETAIL AND OPTION THE PUBLICATION DATE FOR BOTH BOOKS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NEW SHOWS 12/31/1969 WITH NO EAN:   I have spent about 4 hours over 2 days with nook support having me repeat the same process over and over. I have deleted adobe 6 times! help

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: USER NOT ACTIVATED

Can you send me a Private Message with your account email and a phone number so that we can reach out to you?
We want to help.
New User
terry_b

Thanks for the response. I went into Barnes and Noble today. I got some advice and came home and went onto MY COMPUTER and on the nook drive deleted the adobe digital edition. Then I opened adobe and plugged in my nook usb and the activation menu came up. I activated it and problem is solved!!!!!!!!!

New User
seamus99
0 Kudos

User not activated ?

I have downloaded books from library and added to Nook Documents  When opening document - I get USER NOT ACTIVATED message and only option is OK

How do I activate?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: User not activated ?

You need to activate Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, and then activate the nook in ADE.  Then you need to use ADE to transfer the books to your nook.  For full instructions, see the link in my signature on how to use Adobe Digital Editions.

New User
nrsmom
0 Kudos

I have waited over a year to have the funds to buy a Nook and now all I want to do is throw it across the room. I went through all the proper steps to download Digital Editions Software, downloaded a book to DES, dragged it to the nook icon, it appears on my nook but when I try to open it, it states the user is not activated. I tried to find a place in the DES to activite the nook. Nothing is available. My computer is activated but not the nook. I uninstalled and reinstalled DES 3 times, plugged in the nook using the usb cable provided, made sure the nook was on and it still says user not activated. Went to a Barnes and Noble talked to them about the problem, came home, tried the whole procedure again to no avail. I really hate this thing now. I have literally spent hours upon hours of time trying to get this thing to work. Please help.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

See  link. It is not the nook, you need to authorize it with ADE, by going into nooks root directory and deleting the two digital addition folders. Than connecting  your nook and a new box will pop up to authorized it.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Using-Adobe-Digital-Editions-ADE-Libra... 

These are the best and clearest instructions.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

nrsmom wrote:

I have waited over a year to have the funds to buy a Nook and now all I want to do is throw it across the room. I went through all the proper steps to download Digital Editions Software, downloaded a book to DES, dragged it to the nook icon, it appears on my nook but when I try to open it, it states the user is not activated. I tried to find a place in the DES to activite the nook. Nothing is available. My computer is activated but not the nook. I uninstalled and reinstalled DES 3 times, plugged in the nook using the usb cable provided, made sure the nook was on and it still says user not activated. Went to a Barnes and Noble talked to them about the problem, came home, tried the whole procedure again to no avail. I really hate this thing now. I have literally spent hours upon hours of time trying to get this thing to work. Please help.

See THIS post:

You have to remove two directories that are on the nook itself, but you have to remove them via your computer.

New User
crazycatladybritt
0 Kudos

A HA! Thank you for sharing what worked with you! I had the same exact problem and thought I was going to go nuts after 2 hours, but I tried what you did and it WORKED!

New User
adj93
0 Kudos

Didn't work for me

Contributor
RandyS308
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

adj93 -

You removed the folder : .adobe_digital_editions ?

Note that there is at least one other ADE directory, but the one that begins with a "." is the one you need to remove. You may not be able to see it in an Explorer or Finder window, but you will if you use 'dir' (Winderz) or 'ls -a' (OS X) from the command line.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

C. Sagan
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

RandyS308 wrote:

adj93 -

You removed the folder : .adobe_digital_editions ?

Note that there is at least one other ADE directory, but the one that begins with a "." is the one you need to remove. You may not be able to see it in an Explorer or Finder window, but you will if you use 'dir' (Winderz) or 'ls -a' (OS X) from the command line.

On windows I believe you have to set Windows Explorer to display hidden files and folders and you may have to set it to display system folders also.

New User
positivlypurple
0 Kudos

This is what finally worked!!! I think when it said to delete ADE everyone assumed the download itself on the computor, I did and deleted 3 times, not the nook device itself. So thank you for this clarification!!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:51 members 471 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: