Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
SherylNantus
0 Kudos

Unable to "Read" in B&N?

I went to my local B&N in order to try out this new feature where you "read" the book in the store, as mentioned in the new release.

I was unable to find where to access this feature. I didn't have any web access as well, so I don't know if there was a problem with the store itself - the staff couldn't really answer my questions other than to refer me to the boards.

Where do I find the "read in store" feature when in the actual Barnes & Noble itself?

And did anyone else have this problem yet?

(or, as is likely, I'm just that inept...)

thanks in advance for the help!

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to "Read" in B&N?

I was unable to read in store too, but could shop and see the promotions. I wasn't upset though. After all there were tons of real books to grab and read.

Correspondent
Mandroid
0 Kudos

Rav_Bunneh wrote:

I was unable to read in store too, but could shop and see the promotions. I wasn't upset though. After all there were tons of real books to grab and read.

Real books?  They still make those?  :smileyvery-happy:

"5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions"
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

I had no problems when I went to my local store last night.  I don't remember all thes steps though!

I'll pay more attention the next time I go.

I'm impressed with the store that knew about these boards, my store doesn't.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

The "welcome to B&N, more in store/read in store" popped up automatically while I was at B&N today (which I always find a bit annoying because it pops up when I'm in the middle of reading something else), but it should appear automatically about a minute after your nook first connects to the B&N wifi network.  If it doesn't, it should appear when you go to the shop.  

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 1,108 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: