Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
ewoods
0 Kudos

Upload an ePub to Nook library without a nook

I don't own a Nook or any other eReader, but I've used the PC version of both the Nook and the Kobo eReaders and have purchased books from both stores while I try to decide which I like best.  I've decided on the Nook. 

Well, I logged into my Kobo account, downloaded all of my purchased books in ePub format and now I can't figure out how to get those books into my Nook library.  Everything I've found online says that "all I have to do" is plug in my Nook and upload those files.  But I don't own a Nook!  Nor do I plan to.  And I can't seem to find any option either online at Barnes & Noble, or in the Nook PC application to get this done. 

So, how can I upload ePubs into my Nook library without actually owning a Nook?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Upload an ePub to Nook library without a nook

ewoods wrote:

I don't own a Nook or any other eReader, but I've used the PC version of both the Nook and the Kobo eReaders and have purchased books from both stores while I try to decide which I like best.  I've decided on the Nook. 

Well, I logged into my Kobo account, downloaded all of my purchased books in ePub format and now I can't figure out how to get those books into my Nook library.  Everything I've found online says that "all I have to do" is plug in my Nook and upload those files.  But I don't own a Nook!  Nor do I plan to.  And I can't seem to find any option either online at Barnes & Noble, or in the Nook PC application to get this done. 

So, how can I upload ePubs into my Nook library without actually owning a Nook?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

First, when you downloaded the books, Kobo downloads a .acsm file rather than an ePub file, at least for most books, so I'm assuming you opened the file and it loaded the book into Adobe Digital Editions.  When it does this, it saves a copy of the book in the My Digital Editions folder on your computer.

Open Nook for PC.  Go to My Stuff.  Click on the Add Item Link.  Find the book from Kobo and click Open.  This will put the book in the My Stuff area of Nook for PC.  You cannot load them into the eBooks section of Nook for PC since that section syncs with your B&N Online library.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 193 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: