Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Bomanta
0 Kudos

Using memory card

I'm sorry if this is posted else where and I just didn't find it.

How do I move my ebooks to the memory that I bought for my nook?  

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.   :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Tboner
0 Kudos

Re: Using memory card

Skim the manual on the subject of side loading, it's a great start.

The manual is loaded on your nook or can be downloaded from this web site.

Contributor
Bomanta
0 Kudos

Tboner,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm feeling really stupid, but I don't find a section on 'side loading' in the manual.  I've read the sections regarding memory cards and managing folders on a supplemental microSD card and I've followed the directions.  Is there any way to determine if I've put some of my books on the memory card?

Again Thanks for the assistance. 

Contributor
FordTaurus
0 Kudos

Scanning for new content should update your books in either location.

I suggest using calibre for book managment and side-loading:  http://calibre-ebook.com/

It divides the built in memory and add-in card quite clearly and makes moving and tracking what is where quite easy.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Try the sideloading video tutorial:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/video.asp?bnit=H&cds2Pid=30195#vid2

When you install a microSD card, and plug your nook into your computer, it will show up as two different devices (disk drive letters).

Distinguished Correspondent
Tboner
0 Kudos

Bomanta wrote:

Tboner,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm feeling really stupid, but I don't find a section on 'side loading' in the manual.  I've read the sections regarding memory cards and managing folders on a supplemental microSD card and I've followed the directions.  Is there any way to determine if I've put some of my books on the memory card?

Again Thanks for the assistance. 

Start on Page 129 of the manual and read the next 6 or 8 pages or so. (Connecting the nook VIA USB or something close to that).

Icebike's comments on the tutorial are good if you have broadband too.

I sometime wish that you could rate the manual like you can books, it's a little scattershot and depends on you're being a little tech oriented :-)

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Bomanta,

Good replies by your fellow posters.  We encourage all users to check out the NOOK FAQs, the eBook FAQs, and the Getting to know your NOOK page for the most common questions, and to search this board (there's a search function located in the upper right corner of this help board) before posting questions. Chances are good the answer’s already here.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 882 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: