Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Using the Nook for library books?

ciaffone wrote:

Sounds easy enuff.

But on ADE on my PC the book is already on the LEFT side

of the ADE window.  ON THE PC!!!!

It sure ain't anywhere on the NOOK itself.

On the left side you should see a Nook bookshelf. Drag the book to  this shelf.

On the Nook go to My Documents and search for new content to update the book index.

New User
ciaffone
0 Kudos

Lemme be certain about this.

On my Kindle, the book is actually transferred from the PC to the

Kindle via wireless thru my wireless dsl modem/router.

The NOOK seems to use a USB cable instead.  Should the

NOOK use wireless as well???

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

ciaffone wrote:

Lemme be certain about this.

On my Kindle, the book is actually transferred from the PC to the

Kindle via wireless thru my wireless dsl modem/router.

The NOOK seems to use a USB cable instead.  Should the

NOOK use wireless as well???

You need to connect the Nook to your PC using the USB cable, while ADE is running. Then the Nook will show up as a shelf. That is the way it works with most ePub ereaders.

Because the Kindle is the only ereader not supporting ePub Amazon had to find another way to support library books. In the case of the Kindle the books are downloaded from Amazon's servers instead of Overdrive's servers. The publishers were not exactly happy about this. And it is the reason Penguin  no longer supplies new books to Overdrive, and existing Penguin books have to be transferred to Kindle using the USB connection. I think Overdrive now wishes they would never have agreed to to this, because they need good relations with the publishers, but at that time Kindle support was probably too attractive an option.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

ciaffone wrote:

Sounds easy enuff.

But on ADE on my PC the book is already on the LEFT side

of the ADE window.  ON THE PC!!!!

It sure ain't anywhere on the NOOK itself.

It's not going to be on the Nook until you copy it to the Nook. If ADE is showing the book open and you're not seeing the books in you library, look for either the word llibrary or a bookshelf icon (I'm not near the computer right now to check) and click on it so you gave either a list or book covers showing on the right. Once your in your library, not the book, you should see the shelves listed on the right, then click and hold on the book and drag to the Nook.
Contributor
baltoreader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Get an N2A card for your Nook Color and gain the ability to download directly to your Nook Color's OverDrive app, thereby avoiding the convoutions of ADE.

Contributor
baltoreader
0 Kudos

Only if you get a N2A card.  Easy peasy install, then download directly to your OverDrive app.

Contributor
baltoreader
0 Kudos

When you buy an N2A card and use the OverDrive app!!!

Reader
shannyoliver
0 Kudos

I've been using ADE for a while and everything runs smoothly, but for some reason i can't get the book covers to show up when the book is on my nook color. I was wondering if that was normal or if i can do something to fix it

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

shannyoliver wrote:

I've been using ADE for a while and everything runs smoothly, but for some reason i can't get the book covers to show up when the book is on my nook color. I was wondering if that was normal or if i can do something to fix it

For the nook color, you should ask in the nook color thread:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-Support/bd-p/NCReader

The process on the NC is very different from the process on the nook first edition (the forum you posted in).

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 27 members 554 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: