Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Re: Using the Nook for library books?

New User
shari68
0 Kudos

I recently borrowed a book from the library and went through all the steps with adobe digital. When I try to open the book on my nook it keeps saying Error Dialog Loan token not found. Can anyone please tell me what that means and how to fix it? Thanks

New User
ymurray7
0 Kudos

I got through all this - and tried to open the document, and my nook says user not activated.  HELP!!!!!!

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ymurray7 wrote:

I got through all this - and tried to open the document, and my nook says user not activated.  HELP!!!!!!

Copied from above: 

This is covered earlier in the post.

Close ADE.  Plug your NOOK into your computer.

Use windows Explorer to remove the following two folders:

.adobe_digital_editions    <-- notice the "dot"

Digital Editions

'

EJECT NOOK.  Plug it back in, reopen ADE.  Reauthorize NOOK in ADE.  Drag and drop.

The link in my signature covers the entire process in detail.

New User
moly09
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got a question. When I transfer the ebook from my pc to nook, I can only read it, but I can't highligh or check the defination of the words like others ebook that i bough from BnN.com. Do you know why? And is there any ideas that I can fix it?

New User
pepper11KJ
0 Kudos

I dragged the book into the nook icon and it is not there

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

pepper11KJ wrote:

I dragged the book into the nook icon and it is not there

What type of book, where did you get it, did you use ADE to drag it or Windows Explorer.  We need much more detail in order to provide any relevant assistance.

New User
LoriRedael
0 Kudos

I loaded adobe digital on the nook, but how do I find it on my device?

How do I load library books?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

LoriRedael wrote:

You don't load ADE onto the Nook, you load and install it your computer and then use it to transfer the library books to the Nook.  I'm not sure exactly how you would have loaded it to the Nook. (Which Nook?)

Read the instructions in the link in my signature.

FrogAlum's Guide to Using Adobe Digital Editions

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

LoriRedael wrote:

ADE only works on a computer. Refer to bklvr896's post whichis above yours and look at her signature at the bottom of her post. It has all the information that you need.

Reader 2
Loriel143
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the information.  I had no idea I should look in the My Documents folder in my library on my nook.  I thought it would be listed with all the other books in my library!

New User
Snowhawk22
0 Kudos

HOWEVER...  the libraries still have to pay to get the books as an e-book...so be prepared to find the book you want, but not yet published (or purchased by them) as an e-book.  If you like to read series books, you might still have to go to the library to get the earlier editions of the series. Someday....

New User
RushReader
0 Kudos

With my first edition nook, I see it on my ade program and I can drag the library books to my nook and see that they are there from my computer.  But when I unplug it, I can't find it anywhere. Any Ideas on how I can fix it? 

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

RushReader wrote:

With my first edition nook, I see it on my ade program and I can drag the library books to my nook and see that they are there from my computer.  But when I unplug it, I can't find it anywhere. Any Ideas on how I can fix it? 

You need to copy the books from your computer to the Nook use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), did you do that?  For the N1E, you need to look in My Documents, not My B&N Library.

New User
pattersonm
0 Kudos

I bought my Nook in 2010 (original Nook model) and I have tried using Adobe Digital Editions to transfer library books to my Nook.  I can see it online on ADE but nothing shows up on my Nook.  I have tried every instruction online but nothing shows under "My Library" B&E content page ON my Nook.  Is there somewhere else on my Nook to look?  I don't see any other options.  Thank you

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pattersonm wrote:

I bought my Nook in 2010 (original Nook model) and I have tried using Adobe Digital Editions to transfer library books to my Nook.  I can see it online on ADE but nothing shows up on my Nook.  I have tried every instruction online but nothing shows under "My Library" B&E content page ON my Nook.  Is there somewhere else on my Nook to look?  I don't see any other options.  Thank you

The books are in My Documents on the N1e. Open my library from the main menu and you will see go to my documents this where all side loaded content is stored.

New User
pattersonm
0 Kudos

I don't have any other option to read books on my Nook except the page titled My B&N Library.  My Nook only shows books downloaded from B&N, nothing that I've downloaded from Adobe Editions

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Which edition Nook do you have? I have all three and can post instructions for getting to "My Documents" for which ever one you have.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

pattersonm wrote:

I don't have any other option to read books on my Nook except the page titled My B&N Library.  My Nook only shows books downloaded from B&N, nothing that I've downloaded from Adobe Editions

If you have the N1E, on the touch screen tap the My Library button.  The top option should say "Go To My My Documents".  That will take you to the My Documents section.  You switch back by taping on "Go To My B&N Library".

New User
mikeshan
0 Kudos

How can I link up with the library in Orange County, CA to download books

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 524 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: