Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
woodworkerBob
0 Kudos

Re: WIFI Nook Problems . Can't get 3G wireless connect

[ Edited ]

icebike, sent you a private message. Thanks for the help!,

Bob

New User
DuaneC
0 Kudos

Re: WIFI Nook Problems

Here is some information for those using "2WIRExxx" gateways from AT&T/Uverse.  I spent a couple of hours this afternoon trying to get my new nook working on the WiFi.  The answer for me was to change the WPA settings to the "WPA2-PSK (AES)" option on the gateway.  As soon as that was set, the nook connected successfully (and downloaded release 1.5 of software).  It has been working ever since to download books, etc.  Hope this is useful to someone else.

Duane

New User
arkdewitt
0 Kudos

I don't have a 2Wire but I would like to know how to change my WPA settings...how would I even go about that? My Nook won't load anything from home either...

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

arkdewitt wrote:

I don't have a 2Wire but I would like to know how to change my WPA settings...how would I even go about that? My Nook won't load anything from home either...

You need to dig out the manual for your router and read up on how you can access the settings for your router.  Usually done with your web browser.  Its not hard, and the steps are all documented in the manual.  

If you can't find your manual, just do a google search on the brand name and model number from the bottom of the router.  All these manuals are on-line in PDF form.

Reader 2
rgreeb1957
0 Kudos

New User
Timelyreader
0 Kudos

I just bought my new Nook today and at home it will not connect to my Apple Airport router. How do i connect?  And why is this a problem that many of us Nook users are having?

Betty

New User
Timelyreader
0 Kudos

Re: WIFE Nook Problems

I give up! No reply--no help. So I returned my new Nook today and got my money back. I hope Barnes and Noble will recognize they have a serious problem and fix the software. I'm trhough with unconnected Nooks!

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: WIFE Nook Problems

Timelyreader wrote:

I give up! No reply--no help. So I returned my new Nook today and got my money back. I hope Barnes and Noble will recognize they have a serious problem and fix the software. I'm trhough with unconnected Nooks!

You do realize these Technical Support boards are read and contributed to only by other NOOK owners/users, right? They are not actively monitored by anyone in B&N's employ that is supposed to get back to you in a timely fashion.

New User
Legal2
0 Kudos

Re: 3G Nook Problems

I have the original Nook with both WiFi and 3G. I am trying to shop and am getting the message that I have no network connectivity. How can that be with 3G? In addition, I am in a library, and the nook says I am connected to the Internet.

Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Re: 3G Nook Problems

Try turning off wifi. The nook will default to wifi if it is enabled and I've had the nook connect to a wifi router even though the router couldn't get to the network. Perhaps that is your case. Turning off wifi will force the nook to use 3g.
New User
DavPac
0 Kudos

I was having wifi issuesas well. Just got the thing today. Checked everything that was posted about on here.Finally went into my router settings and changed the router mode speed down to 54 Mbps. Don't know why it works now but it does.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 5 members 452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: