Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
deb53WA
0 Kudos

Where are all the covers?

Was just looking at the BN site to see if there was anything new and was surprised by the lack of covers.

Fortunately, I had already purchased the Alice cover and then the Adler cover.  Like the inside 'business card' holder of the Adler cover but feel it is not as 'sturdy' as the Alice cover. 

Inspired Correspondent
nickels
0 Kudos

Re: Where are all the covers?

The only problem my wife is having with her nook is that it is naked. I've been waiting forever for that Tupper Quote in Leaf cover to be available. April, my god...

Reader 2
kokomogirl
0 Kudos

I am so in love with my nook, but equally disappointed in the lack of a cover.  I ordered one in Dec and it was scheduled for delivery in Jan and is now delayed to Feb 22. Really? Can the demand be any higher than the actual nook? In the mean time I have purchased a Kindle cover.

Frequent Contributor
Snowie
0 Kudos

You can get covers from a variety of places besides BN for your Nook. There have been a couple of threads about other companies updating their inventory for the Nook.  The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Oberon and M-edge. There are others out there though. :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
kokomogirl
0 Kudos

I appreciate the info, but my cover has been scheduled for delivery since Jan 22. Since my last post, it has been scheduled for delivery again and rescheduled and is still not here. I'm stuck in never never land. Too late to cancel and not willing to start over. I will pass this on to other nookers tho. Thanks.

Inspired Contributor
nookie01
0 Kudos

kokomogirl wrote:

I am so in love with my nook, but equally disappointed in the lack of a cover.  I ordered one in Dec and it was scheduled for delivery in Jan and is now delayed to Feb 22. Really? Can the demand be any higher than the actual nook? In the mean time I have purchased a Kindle cover.

I ordered the Madison Trifold in December. It was backordered to January. The day after it was supposed to ship in January I received a notice that it was backordered to Feb 22. I couldn't believe it. All that waiting and then it was backorder-backordered?

The good news is that this cover shipped earlier this week and the tracking information shows that it is being processed at my USPS right now. I expect to receive it today.

So.... they seem to be catching up and even shipping the backordered covers earlier than their second promise "ship by" date. I honestly don't think they were prepared for the amount of orders they would receive, therefore, they have been unable to keep up with the demand to fulfill orders. I don't think this will be a problem in the future, but for now, it is a huge pain in the butt for those of us who are early owners of our nooks.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 396 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: