Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Reader 4
rozen
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-19-2010
0 Kudos

Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?

Hi,

 

I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and I have a version of the B&N ereader installed..  If I go to B&N My Library in Firefox and hit the download button for a book I purchased, it appears to download but I can't find a downloaded file.  Where should I look for it?

 

The same thing happens when I try doing the download using Firefox on Linux Mint-11.  System monitoring indicates that there is heavy traffic from B&N for 30 seconds or so but I cannot find any new epub file. Where to look???

 

Would appreciate any suggestions,

Don

Correspondent
katworley
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎12-13-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?

The default location would be wherever you've told FireFox to download things to. I don't use FireFox as a general rule, but when I just tried it, the book file downloaded and ended up in the folder I specified in the FireFox preferences. You might look in those preferences to see where you have FireFox set to send downloads.

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?


rozen wrote:

Hi,

 

I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and I have a version of the B&N ereader installed..  If I go to B&N My Library in Firefox and hit the download button for a book I purchased, it appears to download but I can't find a downloaded file.  Where should I look for it?

 

The same thing happens when I try doing the download using Firefox on Linux Mint-11.  System monitoring indicates that there is heavy traffic from B&N for 30 seconds or so but I cannot find any new epub file. Where to look???

 

Would appreciate any suggestions,

Don


I don't use Firefox, but in my "Documents" on the mac, there's a folder called "My Barnes & Noble eBooks," which I believe was created when I installed the ereader.

Inspired Correspondent
apetit
Posts: 174
Registered: ‎07-01-2011
0 Kudos

Re: Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?

Also you can do a show in finder on the document to see where it really is.  Get info on the file may also do so.

Correspondent
katworley
Posts: 162
Registered: ‎12-13-2009
0 Kudos

Re: Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?


Josienjoe wrote:

rozen wrote:

Hi,

 

I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and I have a version of the B&N ereader installed..  If I go to B&N My Library in Firefox and hit the download button for a book I purchased, it appears to download but I can't find a downloaded file.  Where should I look for it?

 

The same thing happens when I try doing the download using Firefox on Linux Mint-11.  System monitoring indicates that there is heavy traffic from B&N for 30 seconds or so but I cannot find any new epub file. Where to look???

 

Would appreciate any suggestions,

Don


I don't use Firefox, but in my "Documents" on the mac, there's a folder called "My Barnes & Noble eBooks," which I believe was created when I installed the ereader.


That folder is only created if you use either Nook for Mac or NookStudy for Mac to download the books. If you do what the OP is doing (using a browser to download the books from the Library on B&N's website), the files will be wherever you tell the browser to put them.

 

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: Where are downloaded eBooks on Mac OSX?


katworley wrote:

Josienjoe wrote:

rozen wrote:

Hi,

 

I have a Mac running Snow Leopard and I have a version of the B&N ereader installed..  If I go to B&N My Library in Firefox and hit the download button for a book I purchased, it appears to download but I can't find a downloaded file.  Where should I look for it?

 

The same thing happens when I try doing the download using Firefox on Linux Mint-11.  System monitoring indicates that there is heavy traffic from B&N for 30 seconds or so but I cannot find any new epub file. Where to look???

 

Would appreciate any suggestions,

Don


I don't use Firefox, but in my "Documents" on the mac, there's a folder called "My Barnes & Noble eBooks," which I believe was created when I installed the ereader.


That folder is only created if you use either Nook for Mac or NookStudy for Mac to download the books. If you do what the OP is doing (using a browser to download the books from the Library on B&N's website), the files will be wherever you tell the browser to put them.

 


Ah, okay.  But the OP said he had a version of the B&N ereader installed, so I thought he was using it to download the books.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
322
207
177
120
114
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 455 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: